Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 197 Protournament Supercharged LQ9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Hey guys not to throw anyone completely off here but just some helpful tips from someone who has done x a few times in the past.

-shakeology is great from what I've heard but no shake is built 100% custom. Set your goals whether you are doing the lean program, doubles, etc and set your diet plan accordingly. What a 120lb woman intakes should not be the same as 220lb male. I know this sounds stupid and elementary but really take a look into your diet. It will control your results.
-My best results came with a good preworkout supplement and whey/creatine post workout or recovery supplement. You guys will be burning like crazy for 2 weeks. Don't make it worse by starving yourself of calories or nutrition. Doing p90x or insanity without a proper diet will negate most of your results. Studies have actually shown that people will either lose muscle mass when dieting or gain weight during working out due to overeating to compensate or undereating thinking they need to cut too much too fast. This is a turtles race.
-Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water.
-Don't over do it. If you start pulling muscles or pushing too hard too fast you'll be benched or burn out. Slowly bring yourself into the program, really take notes on your reps/weights/times, and try to progress slowly.

Sorry if I stepped on toes with this just trying to let others learn from my mistakes.
Get off my toes man......lol. JUST KIDDING! This is all really good information and that is why we do it in a group dor help and insight! I believe in the shakeology because it worked for me and continues to work. I don't like to throw anything out there that I haven't tried. That is why I tell people to try it and see how it works for them. Personally I just don't eat properly. I never have so getting all my fruits and vegetables in a chocolate shake is a no brainer for me!

I try not to throw too much out there all at once so ill be reminding everyone of different stuff througout. Like I've said before you have to eat! This is not a work out that you can starve yourself! Drink LOTS of water! I can't stress this one enough. Week one is really hard! You are going to start feeling muscles that you never have before! Take your time and go at your own pace! It will get better but you have to keep going!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Just a little motivation. The wife and I took pictures after 15 days and can already see a small difference. I am guessing at 30 days it will be really noticeable. We both lost a few inches total from what I can tell. Really tough to try to remember exactly where you measured the first time.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Get off my toes man......lol. JUST KIDDING! This is all really good information and that is why we do it in a group dor help and insight! I believe in the shakeology because it worked for me and continues to work. I don't like to throw anything out there that I haven't tried. That is why I tell people to try it and see how it works for them. Personally I just don't eat properly. I never have so getting all my fruits and vegetables in a chocolate shake is a no brainer for me!

I try not to throw too much out there all at once so ill be reminding everyone of different stuff througout. Like I've said before you have to eat! This is not a work out that you can starve yourself! Drink LOTS of water! I can't stress this one enough. Week one is really hard! You are going to start feeling muscles that you never have before! Take your time and go at your own pace! It will get better but you have to keep going!!!

haha sorry and to think I'm not even in the group! The shakeology prob fits you better than the bigger guys. The first time I did p90 I was at 215 and burned out reallllly fast. Had to regroup and look at diet hard. I have only dabbled with shakeology but have had to supplement shakes before. Nutritional intake is def the biggest step to seeing gains, losses, or whatever your goal is. I'm no specimen of the gods but I did drop from 215 to 185 on p90 in the 90 days. Only reason I'm not joining you guys is because the girl likes to get out of the house and get to the gym to escape so I'm cutting weight via machines plus my knees are too ragged for insanity right now.

Quote:
ust a little motivation. The wife and I took pictures after 15 days and can already see a small difference. I am guessing at 30 days it will be really noticeable. We both lost a few inches total from what I can tell. Really tough to try to remember exactly where you measured the first time.
Bryan thats fantastic man. Glad to hear. The program really is a great one. Hoping my knee strength builds up enough before summer to do some morning insanity. I won't step on toes much more but remember to look at what to expect in the phases. Your biggest "show results" will come in the 3rd phase so try not to get disappointed when you don't see your end result instantly.

Kick some arse guys and remember nobody wants to be a ballast bunny
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post

Kick some arse guys and remember nobody wants to be a ballast bunny
Ballast Bunny....... So funny!

Any input is always welcome! What works for one doesn't always work for another. The groups are put together to help each other and motivate everyone to keep going. Write your measurements down everytime so that you can see the difference. It is very helpful in the motivation department as well. At first you might not see very much movement on the scale, but will see the difference in the measurements.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
I did my first night last night and I survived. I seem to of lost my lungs though. So if anyone finds them, I'd appreciate it if you returned them.

Seriously It put me on the floor last night. I run often and it got me good. I've been doing muscle milk in the morning to supplement my breakfast.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
pm sent
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
I did my first night last night and I survived. I seem to of lost my lungs though. So if anyone finds them, I'd appreciate it if you returned them.

Seriously It put me on the floor last night. I run often and it got me good. I've been doing muscle milk in the morning to supplement my breakfast.
the fit test suck. Wait till the second one when you have your first run numbers. you basically HAVE to beat the previous time right. Def makes you push yourself to your limit in a min....who would have thought.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
MC Devotee

Thanks 02
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
MC Devotee

Before pics, yep I'm in my boxers. It's how I work out. Lol cuts down on laundry and I feel less restricted. I want to lose that pudge on my lower abs.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361907898.378547.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  40.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361907909.151861.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  40.0 KB
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Here are my Day One Fit Test Results. Definitely not as bad as the very first time I ever did it, but not as good as the end of the first round last year! I have really slacked off!

1. Switch Kicks - 50
2. Power Jacks - 60
3. Power Knees - 94
4. Power Jumps - 30
5. Globe Jumps - 7
6. Suicide Jumps - 10
7. Push-Up Jacks - 17
8. Low Plank Oblique - 46

Remember to write yours down and keep track of it. You will want to see how you have improved over the 2 months. We do the Fit Test on Days 1, 15, 36, 50 and 63. My goal is to get as close as I can or to beat Tayna this round. (She is the girl in the fit test and her numbers are INSANE)

Tags
fitness progam, getting in shape, insanity, px90, workout program