Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

[quote=FourFourty;908633]40k?!?! The star is about $15k more than the X30. $10k more than the X25.

Maybe I was a little off on the $40,000 comment. But there was a thread on one of these forums about a $160,000 boatshow priced star this season! also I don't believe a fully optioned Star is only $15,000 more than a fully optioned x30. My point more so was that the x-30 would be more desirable as a pickle fork. And that a pickle fork x-30 is a far cry from a star. Both in terms of price and functionality. Heck doesn't a x-30 even hold more people? And no one has ever said one negative thing about the wake quality of the new 30.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Maybe I was a little off on the $40,000 comment. But there was a thread on one of these forums about a $160,000 boatshow priced star this season! also I don't believe a fully optioned Star is only $15,000 more than a fully optioned x30. My point more so was that the x-30 would be more desirable as a pickle fork. And that a pickle fork x-30 is a far cry from a star. Both in terms of price and functionality. Heck doesn't a x-30 even hold more people? And no one has ever said one negative thing about the wake quality of the new 30.
The Total MSRP was less than $160,000 on my XStar..... The only options, that I didnt get, was sat radio, tower speakers, and tower lights. (that I took off my other boat.....) Considering that my boat has the 7.4l, Power tower, and all of the other major options, I can't see a boat show price of $160,000.

I could see the MSRP reaching $160k on an absolutely loaded XStar, but nothing close to that on an asking price. (unless the dealer is not interested in selling it). From what I have seen, most of them are priced in the range of $120-$125k.

Provided that you are talking about the same engines, in the boats that you are quoting. And they are both optioned up pretty good.... An XStar should cost about 15k more than an X30. If you are talking about a 6.0 in the X30, and a 7.4l in the XStar, it is going to be more like $25k difference. I could care less, if you believe it or not. I priced them myself, and I saw the dealer figures....... I know what the difference was.

Also, If I remove posts from teamtalk, that were posted here by guys that hate on MCs constantly over at WW, I wouldn't have heard anything negative about the XStar wake either.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Fourfourty- sounds like you have a real nice boat coming! Congrats! I honestly had no idea that you could get a new star for only $15k more than a x-30. Being you've bought one I'm sure you've ridden behind it and are completely comfortable with it's performance. Again I wish you the best of luck with your boat! I'm jealous! Would love to be able to own such a icon!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Disagree. With the extra 2ft they could still give some room in the bow with the pickle without sacrificing hardly any cabin space. Best of both worlds. And it wouldn't be anything like the star which is almost 25ft nor would it add $40k to a x-30 price. That and it would have a nice clean surf and wakeboard wake...
So it would be an x star, just a foot shorter.. tell me where the logic is in that. no one would want an x star? X-star is 24 feet. You also think every x star is 160 grand... Go buy a G23, that seems to be your boat of choice anyway from the looks of your posts on WW.

Edit: I have NEVER seen a boat show priced x star at 160k. The boat show price on a G25 at the Dallas show was 140!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Aric wow you just don't get it and I'm not sure why you feel such a need to try and knock me down on this. You seriously know nothing about these boats if you think all it takes is a pickle fork to turn a x30 into a star. Their hulls nor their top decks are nothing alike.

Now as for price I know there is a thread on one of these sites that talked about the $160k priced star at one of the recent boat shows. But big deal they can be had for less and that price was probably bloated by a dealer that didn't want to sell. Fourfourty just bought one and said they are much less than that, great. Also I seen that pic of the G25 on this thread that showed the price at $142k, crazy! I've said it on other threads price on the G is crazy too, to much for me to justify especially with a kid getting ready to start college in 4yrs and another only 4yrs behind her! But I've also said if price wasn't a factor yes I'd take a G as that seems to be the boat to beat right now as far as wakes go. But like many say on here I wouldn't just blindly spend that kinda money on loyalty alone. Bet your bottom dollar I'd be spending a day on each to see for myself how they performed. I have no hatred for any boat manufacture unlike some seem to have.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 AM
MC Maniac

If you pickle a 30, the hull would have to change. It would be a different boat for sure. In terms if looks they'd be identical.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Nordicron- I am not sure that you understand what our frustration is about....

Do you see Aric and I over on PN, complaining about how the G23 has an interior that is shaped for square people? Or how we think that it looks like a barge?? Do we jump into threads, and say "EERRRRMAAHHGERD, I would never pay 160k for a G23 with its lipless wake, and rediculous graphics!!". Do you see us telling Nautique owners that they don't know what their boat cost, or that a SAN230 should have the wide bow like the G23?

No, you don't.....

Every boat is going to have things that fanboys are going to nit-pick. Save it for WW. We all have our opinions over here, and sometimes we will but heads. With you, however, it seems you are always subtly bashing MC. I am a member at TMC, and you do the same thing there. We get that you love Nautiques, and we understand that. Nautiques are fantastic boats! If you want to be helpful here on TT, we would love to have you. If you are constantly going to ask loaded questions about why MC would do this, or that, and constantly question the design of MasterCrafts. And tell forum members that they are wrong about their own boats....... well......we don't really need that sort of thing.

Disclaimer- The statements about the G23, were generalized comments, based off of the opinions of other people. Although I do agree with some of it, I do think the G23 is a fantastic boat. I simply like the new XStar better.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Actually I don't have a clue if your on PN or not, could care less. Nor do I search around other forums looking for your old posts.

Anyway yes I understand, you don't welcome non-owner opinions or observations. Thats awesome also. But to tell me a x-30 is a Star without the pickle is stupid.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
MC Maniac

Dude, they look the same! I'm not talking about wakes! What do you think the 30 was designed after??

And fourfourty, that's exactly my frustration. But, when you're the best, of course you're gonna have a big red target on your back
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
Boat Show in Kingsport TN this weekend 15-17. I'll be headed there with my daughter Friday night. I'll provide some pics next week. Hopefully MC will be represented well.