Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
You mean if you wanted the biggest washiest(sp?) wake you'd buy a star! Sorry to hurt your feelings mr blind loyalty. But to me priority for a wake board boat comes to wake first!
Ofcourse cost is huge also being I'm no millionaire! If I was I'd have G already! For something less expensive my choice would prob have to be the new x-30. Love the MC interior materials an towers.
amazing how much nicer the MC interiors are than other brands. I really wasn't impressed with the G's seating. The flooring was great but I wouldn't ever make that a deal breaker on 120k. However I did think the 30 and the 25 were the best looking boats at the show. The 10 is pretty incredible though for its price.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
amazing how much nicer the MC interiors are than other brands. I really wasn't impressed with the G's seating. The flooring was great but I wouldn't ever make that a deal breaker on 120k. However I did think the 30 and the 25 were the best looking boats at the show. The 10 is pretty incredible though for its price.
I think the x-30 would be my choice. I really like the look of the x-25 but worry that hull can not handle extra ballast without washing/curling over. Pretty nice stock wake but from what people say it can't handle extra ballast without having to exponentially increase speed. Which seems to be the case with all the more pronounced deep v wake boats. So come on MC pickle fork that x-30 already!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
^Honestly the only thing I'd like to see on the 30

and the 10 needs a walk thru in the back. No clue why they didnt do that
Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
The only thing that kept me from buying a 25 is the short stubby pickle fork. If they forked the 30, then it would be identical to a star. So I don't see that ever happening!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
The lack of the pickle fork on the X30 is the deal killer for me. My kids love hanging up there with their friends and that traditional bow just makes it too right of a fit up there for 4-5 kids. Would love to see a pickle fork on that boat. Not sure why they went away from that design for this boat. The X30 is a great looking boat but that bow design has me shying away unfortunately.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-30 6.0L Red w/Silver Flake
I have often thought the same thing. I miss the bow space that my 45 had, but I love the handling of the new X30. I hope that the "new and redesigned X45" that will come out soon has the X30 hull but adds the picklefork.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
The only thing that kept me from buying a 25 is the short stubby pickle fork. If they forked the 30, then it would be identical to a star. So I don't see that ever happening!
Disagree. With the extra 2ft they could still give some room in the bow with the pickle without sacrificing hardly any cabin space. Best of both worlds. And it wouldn't be anything like the star which is almost 25ft nor would it add $40k to a x-30 price. That and it would have a nice clean surf and wakeboard wake...
Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X45
I am personally waiting on the replacement for the X45, whatever and whenever that is. I'm sure it will be the perfect new boat for my family.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Disagree. With the extra 2ft they could still give some room in the bow with the pickle without sacrificing hardly any cabin space. Best of both worlds. And it wouldn't be anything like the star which is almost 25ft nor would it add $40k to a x-30 price. That and it would have a nice clean surf and wakeboard wake...

40k?!?! The star is about $15k more than the X30. $10k more than the X25.

I am guessing that your comment- "That and it would have a nice clean surf and wakeboard wake..." was to suggest that the Star has a dirty wake?

Besides the first couple videos that came out about the XStar (that were the prototype footage), I think there has been plenty of proof that the XStar wake is clean. The surf wake has yet to be tested very much, but I have seen a couple photos that suggest a very good surf wake on the new XStar. MC should have released that boat last spring, that way, there would have been time for people to properly weight it for surfing. It is all a guessing game, and I am not surprised to hear that it didn't surf well, with only stock ballast.

I have heard good reviews and bad reviews of the surf wake, but no reviews with anything but stock ballast. We all know that every MC needs an extra 1-2k to produce a good surf wave. No surprise there.....

Zane Surfing the '13 XStar

Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
saw the pic this morning but leaves me guessing the setup they were using

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.