Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 X Star - 8.1L
4th of July on the Lake NE Ohio Area

My family relocated to Akron from Northern California in March and I'm looking forward to getting my boat out on the water soon. For over 7 years we would rent a cabin on Donner lake for the Fourth of July and they had traditional family games, BBQ and live bands during the day and then an awesome fireworks show. Does any one have any recommendations for a good lake within 4 hours of Akron that has something similar? I've heard portage lakes has a good party, but seems mainly like a pontoon lake.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:29 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1996 prostar190
I would suggest Lake James in Angola Indiana...they usually have a good party and fireworks!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:39 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmswhite View Post
My family relocated to Akron from Northern California in March and I'm looking forward to getting my boat out on the water soon. For over 7 years we would rent a cabin on Donner lake for the Fourth of July and they had traditional family games, BBQ and live bands during the day and then an awesome fireworks show. Does any one have any recommendations for a good lake within 4 hours of Akron that has something similar? I've heard portage lakes has a good party, but seems mainly like a pontoon lake.
Portage lakes is a combination pontoon lake and has two speed/ski areas depending on the time of day. Its an awesome fireworks show and a group of ski boat types try to go every year. You can spend the day cruising, eating and swimming, and of course try some water sports activities, and then anchor up for the fireworks. I like to make it up there mid day. I can provide more info..

As for other lakes around, but not for the 4th, what have you heard about and where abouts in Akron are you?

Up here in these parts we have the UCLA group (Upper Canton Lower Akron) and hit Berlin Lake, Westbranch Lake, Portage Lakes, a few hit Milton (small) and we also head South 1.5 hours and hit Salt Fork with big areas, and Boaters Beach.

I see you have an X-Star so not sure what your in to. We have a great group up here and in Columbus. The UCLA group has early barefooting and we also have the Buckeye Bash event in Columbus that is going on 7 years now. Click the link in my signature.

Welcome to the area. You have many options and I can help where needed.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-20-2016, 04:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 08 SANTE 230
I'm not aware of anywhere like that for Fireworks except the above mentioned Portage Lakes. 4 hours is a pretty big range, so I'm sure somebody will have a good suggestion.

Double D hit most the local spots already. West Branch is our local lake, so if you want, I'm more than happy to meet you there and show you around.

Welcome to the area. There is a great ski/wb scene here.