Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 08-01-2016, 01:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
Lake Anna, VA

I am looking to tow my boat over and was wondering if there are any free ramps. I have been wanting to make a trip over for a while, but never get around to it. Duke's creek marina seems to be the quickest tow. Is that a good place?

I plan to go during the week to escape the huge crowds on the weekends. Any recommended spots for wakeboarding?
Old 08-01-2016, 06:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
No recommendation for the main lake beyond the usual ramps, but if you're interested in getting on the private side on a weekday or Sunday, shoot me a pm. Love to meet up w/ another 205v owner.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft 225 VRS LT1
I can't be of much help on the ramp suggestions, as I use my friend's private neighborhood ramp whenever I go up. My friend lives on the northern portion of LKA on the public side and they seem to ride up through Stubbs Bridge and past the No Wake Zone (I think that's the restaurant name...) It seemed to be busy on the weekend when I went up last, but I'm sure the week days would be fine.

Soacj, do you ever venture over to the public side? I've been out to the Sandbar quite a few times haha.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X14. Sold Maristar 210, 1992, 351
Send a message via AIM to jackpita Send a message via Yahoo to jackpita
Dukes is fine. 10.00 for ramp use, good for one launch and recovery. Ski, wakeboard and surf in the morning in that outlet. Turn left out that outlet and a good cove there as well. When the wind is out of the south, go across the lake, to the right of a few islands. Avoid the islands, shallow rocky areas. weekdays are best. early mornings always good.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
Thanks for information! I am hoping to skip a little work and meet up with Soacj on the private side.

Are the areas with shallow rocks clearly marked? I have been pretty lucky with my prop so far. Thanks again!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:41 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenjf View Post
I can't be of much help on the ramp suggestions, as I use my friend's private neighborhood ramp whenever I go up. My friend lives on the northern portion of LKA on the public side and they seem to ride up through Stubbs Bridge and past the No Wake Zone (I think that's the restaurant name...) It seemed to be busy on the weekend when I went up last, but I'm sure the week days would be fine.

Soacj, do you ever venture over to the public side? I've been out to the Sandbar quite a few times haha.
We occasionally put in on the main lake/public side (used to use Lakeview/NoWakeZone/Hunter's Landing to put in, but I think it closed--might have reopened by now.) We do sometimes miss access to restaurant, marinas, and sheer size on the private side. Lack of crowd and smooth conditions 99% of the time on the hot lakes is nice though.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-45
Looking for some information from the Lake Anna regulars - I am about to close on a house in Pine Harbour on the public side. Are there any bridges that I needed to be concerned about the height of my tower? Some of them look pretty low and I can't seem to find the exact height online for the bridges.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X14. Sold Maristar 210, 1992, 351
Send a message via AIM to jackpita Send a message via Yahoo to jackpita
I've had no problems on the public side with bridges. Live in Maple Springs.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14 MCX w/Powerslot
There are 2 bridges that feel low but are fine -- though the x45 may be slightly taller. Those bridges are Stubbs Bridge and Contrary. My friends with pontoons can't go through those without lowering their tops but my x14 fits fine even at full pond (250' range).
Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-45
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I have to go out of Contrary to get to the rest of the lake, so hopefully it will fit - I'd hate to have to lower the tower every time. Hope to see you all out on the lake.