Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Don't listen to music while you're chillin'.

After you're done chilling in the cove, go for a 20 minute cruise (or do another set) to let the engine recharge the batteries.

Buy a gasoline powered generator for the storage unit, hook up a charger, and let it run for whatever it takes to charge.

I don't think there's a good, simple answer to your problem here. If you discharge the batteries while chillin', and drag the boat straight to storage with no power available, your batteries will live a short life - but maybe replacing batteries once a year is the cheapest way to handle the issue.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Make batteries easily removable. Take them home and charge them up until next time.

You can setup a battery isolater to charge them from tow vehicle while towing, but will only work if you have enough distance from ramp to storage.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
After you're done chilling in the cove, go for a 20 minute cruise (or do another set) to let the engine recharge the batteries.
We have a few miles to come in and usually ride all the way in so 30-45min. For some reason they just never seem to hold up long. I might get half an hour of water time in and then done. Its not a monster system at all. Maybe I'm just expecting too much and need to stick a cheap boombox in the boat for such occasions.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
I use a cheap 1.8 watt solar maintainer I bought at cabelas in the off season. It works fine for that application and the battery is ready to go when I take it out of winter storage.