Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,182
Ok so I have this wasp problem at my house. Wasps or yellow jackets


So here is what I have done.

Last friday I took a broom and knocked down the nest and put it in my driveway and put some high octane fuel on it. Then took a lighter and a can of throttle body spray and shot a flame ball on the nest and let it burn completely out.

Wasps then landed against the brick wall where the nest used to be. Walked over and killed off like 20 of them with a broom with a few swings.


Saturday I notice more wasps in the same spot. Grabbed the throttle body spray and killed them all off with a lighter and a big flame ball shooting at them.

Sunday I notice about 40 more wasps so I repeat the flame throwing.

Monday I come home for work and the sorry SOB's had recruited more and there were 20-30 more. I shot more fire at them and killed them off again.

Tuesday there were no wasps.

Wednesday there were 15 or so that showed up so I got the flame back after them.

Thursday there were no wasps.

Today the Bastards are back.... What do I do now?


I keep leaving all of the dead ones swept up into a nice pile so that maybe the future wasps will get the hint that I am not playing games. I have a stack of dead wasps (about 75-100) in this pile and I cant seem to keep them from coming back.


What do I do?

Why do more keep coming to the exact same spot?

How to I win the war for good?

I have all but caught the house on fire.

Last edited by Kyle; 08-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 PM
GT500 MC's Avatar
GT500 MC GT500 MC is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Boat: 2010 x14v
Location: CO and some MN and MI
Posts: 1,056
First thing is get rid of the dead ones. They keep coming back to collect their family.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
mzimme's Avatar
mzimme mzimme is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,836
Whatever you do, start video taping it. This series of events would have made for great entertainment.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Whatever you do, start video taping it. This series of events would have made for great entertainment.
Oh I have about 10 videos that are narrated from step 1 of taking the broom after the nest.

Everyday has been well documented on video

I knew that the way I was going about the killing would be beyond funny.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 PM
silverblueBP silverblueBP is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: None
Location: Heartland
Posts: 247
Stop using gas and buy some wasp spray. It'll leave a residual amount which will ward them off.


Oh yeah, please post the links to the videos so we can all have a laugh!!
__________________
-Mark-
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 PM
mzimme's Avatar
mzimme mzimme is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Oh I have about 10 videos that are narrated from step 1 of taking the broom after the nest.

Everyday has been well documented on video
Excellent... Start editing. I'm searching for an old thread from another board about getting rid of wasps. It should give you ideas when I find it...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM
mzimme's Avatar
mzimme mzimme is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,836
Here it is.... Enjoy

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=2243176
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
g-Dog's Avatar
g-Dog g-Dog is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Boat: 2002 Mastercraft Prostar 205V
Location: Northern California
Posts: 240
This sounds like an episode of Beavis & Butthead...

Fire! Fire! Fire!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
milkmania's Avatar
milkmania milkmania is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Location: God's blindspot aka Oklahoma
Posts: 9,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Ok so I have this wasp problem at my house. Wasps or yellow jackets


So here is what I have done.

Last friday I took a broom and knocked down the nest and put it in my driveway and put some high octane fuel on it. Then took a lighter and a can of throttle body spray and shot a flame ball on the nest and let it burn completely out.

Wasps then landed against the brick wall where the nest used to be. Walked over and killed off like 20 of them with a broom with a few swings.


Saturday I notice more wasps in the same spot. Grabbed the throttle body spray and killed them all off with a lighter and a big flame ball shooting at them.

Sunday I notice about 40 more wasps so I repeat the flame throwing.

Monday I come home for work and the sorry SOB's had recruited more and there were 20-30 more. I shot more fire at them and killed them off again.

Tuesday there were no wasps.

Wednesday there were 15 or so that showed up so I got the flame back after them.

Thursday there were no wasps.

Today the Bastards are back.... What do I do now?


I keep leaving all of the dead ones swept up into a nice pile so that maybe the future wasps will get the hint that I am not playing games. I have a stack of dead wasps (about 75-100) in this pile and I cant seem to keep them from coming back.


What do I do?

Why do more keep coming to the exact same spot?

How to I win the war for good?

I have all but caught the house on fire.
I think they have medications available to might help that craving to play with fire..... just sayin'

and using high octane and body spray

time to pull out the big guns

__________________
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:51 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,615
I'm one of the only people that have seen the killing videos, and I will say that there is some genius in them. I mean the drink spewing type... its not so much the burning vids, but more the narration and the nailing their little yellowjacket arses with a broom.

I will find time this weekend and upload these vids to my youtube, you guys are going to pee in your pants laughing.

While i'm at it, i might as well upload the video where kyle and i were on a deer hunt and we challenged him to walk thru the campfire
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.