Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 and 1998 Baha Cruiser Mach 1 290
nothing personal but you started with wings suck..so here you go..
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2
I'll throw in my 2 cents. Oilers fan here, not ashamed.. Just hope they finish better than they have the last few seasons.With all those #1 draft picks, they gotta show some progress. Making it to the playoffs in this short season would be a good start.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I'm originally from Saskatchewan. First world junior hockey championship I remember, Steve Yzerman was a standout. Decided then that he was my favourite player(I was 5). Followed him with the Peterborough Petes to the "Dead Things" of the mid '80s. Been a Wings fan ever since. A model franchise that has always had an exemplary captain as long as I've followed them. Their owner believes in winning more than making a buck, believes in putting a quality product on the ice and the diamond (too bad he doesn't own the Lions lmao), so I've never had a reason to change teams.
Totally understand - Yzerman was a great player, agree on your comments.

I was a Whaler fan (I was born in Conn and follwed the Whalers) we know what happened there. Preds opened shop in 1998 two years after I moved to town, so here I am. The Preds have done a lot of good for the community, before - no hockey for kids - now there are many many teams for youth development, many doors have been opened for opportunity in a quality sport. I have a good friend, his son is being scouted by JR teams from Canada.

Season starts tomorrow...we have the NEW Jackets (as they are being called) coming to town.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
............of unequaled proportions
Like trying to figure out why people stay in Minnesota.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 AM
TT Regular

Boat: x25
my old man is a huge wings fan. He has an autographed playoff worn yzerman jersey and a signed shanahan stick. i dont cheer for the wings but even i drool when i see these things.

i have much respect for the team and some of the pllayers they have had in the past. if my team goes down i always tend to pull for the wings.

scott, where did you live in Sk. i live just outside of saskatoon. Stevie Y and Bo Jackson will be in Saskatoon this February.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofresh View Post
my old man is a huge wings fan. He has an autographed playoff worn yzerman jersey and a signed shanahan stick. i dont cheer for the wings but even i drool when i see these things.

i have much respect for the team and some of the pllayers they have had in the past. if my team goes down i always tend to pull for the wings.

scott, where did you live in Sk. i live just outside of saskatoon. Stevie Y and Bo Jackson will be in Saskatoon this February.
Born and raised in Saskatoon.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

The season is under way, finally. Preds sold out both home games this past week, on Saturday the place was full (17,113) and rocking well before the puck dropped. Good to see for the local merchants too, fans = $ for them.

Overall we look good, think we will have a good team this year. Tonights game vs St Louis should be a good one; the win in Minn. was big the other night.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
The season is under way, finally. Preds sold out both home games this past week, on Saturday the place was full (17,113) and rocking well before the puck dropped. Good to see for the local merchants too, fans = $ for them.

Overall we look good, think we will have a good team this year. Tonights game vs St Louis should be a good one; the win in Minn. was big the other night.
Quite nice to have two top keepers on the roster. Sucks for me, as Rinne is my Fantasy team starter, so I don't like it when Mason gets the nod.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Quite nice to have two top keepers on the roster. Sucks for me, as Rinne is my Fantasy team starter, so I don't like it when Mason gets the nod.
This is Mason's third stint with the Preds. He is a class act, good guy and a good back up. I dont worry with him in the net.

Howard is going to take a beating if your D doesnt get healthy. On back to back games Trotz is going with Mason, he will probably play 1/3 + of the season.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
This is Mason's third stint with the Preds. He is a class act, good guy and a good back up. I dont worry with him in the net.

Howard is going to take a beating if your D doesnt get healthy. On back to back games Trotz is going with Mason, he will probably play 1/3 + of the season.
No doubt, D needs to get healthy and step up. Got that first W out of the way, hopefully some momentum comes with it.