Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Skipper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
They give you $100 and take back $99...

That is a line from a marching cadence. Ironically, it rings true thanks to whatever happened in Washington at the first of the year.

The 2013 military pay scale was published this month. I got a nearly three hundred dollar a month pay raise. Unfortunately, my end of month pay will be more than one hundred dollars less than it was previously.

I certainly don't make more than $50,000.00 a year! My FICA payment and federal taxes must have gone up a bunch!

Thanks Obama!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM
nickespi's Avatar
nickespi nickespi is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Location: South
Posts: 771
I hear ya! Mine went up a few hundred also, but I'm only seeing 60 bucks of it. At least I didn't go red like most guys. Guess I'm lucky that most my entitlements are not taxable.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
TayMC197's Avatar
TayMC197 TayMC197 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2008
Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,443
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
That is a line from a marching cadence. Ironically, it rings true thanks to whatever happened in Washington at the first of the year.

The 2013 military pay scale was published this month. I got a nearly three hundred dollar a month pay raise. Unfortunately, my end of month pay will be more than one hundred dollars less than it was previously.

I certainly don't make more than $50,000.00 a year! My FICA payment and federal taxes must have gone up a bunch!

Thanks Obama!
You can be my personal boat driver, Its tax free.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
barefoot's Avatar
barefoot barefoot is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
Location: Behind a MC
Posts: 1,497
Yeah, it pretty much sucks being self employed and having employees right now...
__________________
Hello, my name Ryan!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
sp00ky's Avatar
sp00ky sp00ky is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Location: southeast
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Yeah, it pretty much sucks being self employed and having employees right now...
Amen to that!
__________________
This forum is amazing with quality people.: I did not think i'd ever own an Inboard. Now I finally have a gorgeous 94 205 I am glad I have ya'll backing me up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Skipper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
You can be my personal boat driver, Its tax free.
Do I get all of the fried chicken that I can eat, too? Sounds like a plan to me!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM.