Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
Jump seats and additional seating in direct drives

One thing I don't like about Prostar 205's and 209's is the walk through between the driver and observers seat....I know I should of got a 197 or something else.

I've been driving tournament boats for the last 25 or more years and have become acustomed to tight quarters, this time around I wanted a wakeboard boat, I also think I'll rarely use the bow and will miss close company behind the windshield. I have been searching this site alot lately and have seen many examples of additional seating and would like to see what you guys have built, seen on the web, or just came with your boat. My favorite so far is this one.

So please post up some inspiration for future projects.

Lifted from a for sale thread on this site.

Last edited by 46Chief; 01-11-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
I made a few of these, nothing fancy, just functional. Fits by the engine cover or at the bow opening.

Opens for ropes, handles and flags

Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Coz do you sell those?? Or just made a couple for you?

Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
46 did yours not come with the seats inbetween the captains and the passenger?

To me looking at it seems fairly easy to fabricate and would prob cost 100-200 bucks to get the seats made once the bottoms/backs were made. If you honestly have interest I'm tearing my skins off this week to be sent and could take detailed pictures of the assembly. If its not bad bad could fab you up a set and let you get them covered up there
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Nope mine didn't come with it, I'd like to build two like coz, jumpseat behind the driver and the observer seat. Something about open bows has always made me nervous, so I figure use it as little as possible and make accommodations to put them behind the windshield.

I google searched the TT site this time and came up with this.
Pics are linked from this thread

East TX Skier knocked it out of the park with a functional but more permanenet solution.
Link to his thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Nope mine didn't come with it,
You want me to mail you a template for the base or top? If you are looking to keep the seat in permanently I would disregard the folding leg and go with a permanent base similar to tx skiers.

If it were me I would make the base permanent and use the slide in top like the factory 209. That way if you had a full boat you could leave the base in and remove the top section easily to allow access to the bow without having to remove the base.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
sorry i dont have a picture ... but i added a seat to the top of a cooler for my X14 ... it works great and we use it as a seat often
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
sorry i dont have a picture ... but i added a seat to the top of a cooler for my X14 ... it works great and we use it as a seat often
I have considered this in the past. Just out of curiousity is it a hinged cooler or non hinged. I thought about doing the same thing and hinging it opposite of the traditional way so the seat could be folded up without hitting the sides. And now we are all gonna want pics btw
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

02ProstarSammyD I was thinking the fold down seat is the way way to go, I think my ski locker will have a ballast bag in it but if I use it for a ski then I'd want to have it accessable. Don't worry about a template, I think I probably would make a cardboard mockup when I start that project.

I'm just dreaming right now anyway because I can't work on the boat right now. I don't want to call it MCOCD because I can't imagine spending days upon days buffing scratches and worrying about dog hairs. but I have been spending alot of time searching this site since I started boat hunting last summer.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
I have considered this in the past. Just out of curiousity is it a hinged cooler or non hinged. I thought about doing the same thing and hinging it opposite of the traditional way so the seat could be folded up without hitting the sides. And now we are all gonna want pics btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
Can you get a pic of this? I would like to see the design. Anything to make this easier would be a great thing.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...