Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200, 350MCX, VDrive
2006 maristar 200

I'm interested in this boat. Any thoughts on it? Anyone ever seen it before? Ad says it used to be in Florida but now Conn?

Any thoughts?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-200-101917848
Old 01-10-2013, 02:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x1 2006
Ive had many hours behind that exact boat. love it! That one looks clean and the price seems decent. That hull does so many things well, also that 06 tower is bullet proof.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x1 2006
Ive had many hours behind that exact boat. love it! That one looks clean and the price seems decent. That hull does so many things well, also that 06 tower is bullet proof.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Nice boat but I'd go carefully on that one. The price is real good and the description has a couple warning signs. As in.... It's an Orlando boat that is now CT and the contact phone number is an 800 number for a dealer in NY. I also didn't see the hours mentioned in the add. Nice boat but there have been a ton of Internet scams come along. I'd try contacting the owner and see if you or a TT member can go look at it in person.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Back of the boat looks pretty faded. Normally the gel coat is pretty thick and can withstand a lot of buffing. I'd like to know the hours and if it was a salt water boat. It is priced well below market value.

It says 6 ballast tanks so someone has done some ballast work on it since factory would have had only 3 tanks.

What I don't know is what hull this matches up with in size, anyone? Is it closer to an X2 then anything else?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Back of the boat looks pretty faded. Normally the gel coat is pretty thick and can withstand a lot of buffing. I'd like to know the hours and if it was a salt water boat. It is priced well below market value.

It says 6 ballast tanks so someone has done some ballast work on it since factory would have had only 3 tanks.

What I don't know is what hull this matches up with in size, anyone? Is it closer to an X2 then anything else?
it's the same as a x2 except doesn't come from factory with a tower, racks and ballast.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
it's the same as a x2 except doesn't come from factory with a tower, racks and ballast.
Well then I could be way wrong on the price. Sorry OP.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
That's not quite true. I have an 07 200 Maristar that was ordered with the X2 package. It is basically an X2 without the graphics.......
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I send what everyone else has said. Approach with caution. I am a big fan of taking good pics of something, especially if you are trying to sell something. The price seems like a pretty good price but I would ask for more pics to start out with. If the transom is faded, it may have spent it's life in the water and if not covered, may have some interior damage as well. The pics of the interior don't look that bad, but it is really hard to tell anything for sure. If it was stored in the water, ask if it has blisters in the hull. Get the hours, as previously mentioned as well. I would love to have a boat like that. Let us know what you decide.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post

Last time i checked, Orlando was in the MIDDLE of the state. There is NO salt water there to my knowledge.