Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
Mainly the concern that anyone with a finger (e.g. little kids) could start the boat. A car is different, you need more conditions to start, like have the key on you then press the brake AND push the button. Having a deliberate sequence like 1 or 2 quick pushes, then one long push is safer than just a push and hold.
problem is that theory doesn't hold true, a kid is going to press the button like crazy if not controlled and could inadvertently still hit the sequence.

I would rather see it in the original format and rely upon the lanyard as the safety device. Don't penalize smart people because of dumb people. If you know you are going to be relaxing swimming by the boat, pull the lanyard and you are safe from accidental kid presses.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
I can see the legal issues involved. I had already planned to mount a rotary switch under the starboard side of the dash to disable the push-button switch, but you can't expect everyone to make it safe enough to make the attorneys happy. My thoughts on the rotary switch was so it couldn't inadvertently be turned off while in operation where a rocker switch could.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
Mainly the concern that anyone with a finger (e.g. little kids) could start the boat. A car is different, you need more conditions to start, like have the key on you then press the brake AND push the button. Having a deliberate sequence like 1 or 2 quick pushes, then one long push is safer than just a push and hold.
Is a kid (or anyone else with fingers) accidentally starting the boat by depressing a button for at least 1.2 seconds any more likely than that same kid turning a key clock-wise? I'd really prefer to be able to start from any mode with a long push. Wouldn't lengthening the required push time a bit, maybe to 2 seconds, add enough of a safety measure? To me, a long hold seems safer than a key.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Appreciate the prompt refund tr6coug. Curious if the above comments and suggestions will result in once again providing a long hold to start from any position?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
I agree. Let us know if you decide to change back.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205; 1996 Sea-doo GTX
Damn, sick one day and look what I missed. I do not want the key switch that is why I purchased the one-push button stater. I have kids too and they will not be starting the boat because I am responsible enough to pull the kill switch when I am not in the boat! I do not want these changes (3 pushes to start). I hope my order from last week made it off the bench before the changes.

Change mine back and send it anonymously or with a waiver that I will sign as to not blame you for my ignorance.

Or better yet send it out the way you have to but give us the instructions how to reprogram it back to what we want.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter92 View Post
Damn, sick one day and look what I missed. I do not want the key switch that is why I purchased the one-push button stater. I have kids too and they will not be starting the boat because I am responsible enough to pull the kill switch when I am not in the boat! I do not want these changes (3 pushes to start). I hope my order from last week made it off the bench before the changes.

Change mine back and send it anonymously or with a waiver that I will sign as to not blame you for my ignorance.

Or better yet send it out the way you have to but give us the instructions how to reprogram it back to what we want.
Still can use a toggle instead of the key switch, I just don't think it comes with the toggle anymore, run down to the shack and get one.

I'm hoping that once it arrives I can tinker and see if I can reprogram it, I like the idea of the push button but don't want to have to do a bunch of steps, just make it a 2 second hold to start and I'll be happy as well!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I can see the legal issues involved. I had already planned to mount a rotary switch under the starboard side of the dash to disable the push-button switch, but you can't expect everyone to make it safe enough to make the attorneys happy. My thoughts on the rotary switch was so it couldn't inadvertently be turned off while in operation where a rocker switch could.
I like your idea of a rotary type switch.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205; 1996 Sea-doo GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakekrone View Post
Still can use a toggle instead of the key switch, I just don't think it comes with the toggle anymore, run down to the shack and get one.

I'm hoping that once it arrives I can tinker and see if I can reprogram it, I like the idea of the push button but don't want to have to do a bunch of steps, just make it a 2 second hold to start and I'll be happy as well!
Is this true? I was planning on cutting out the toggle and using one of mine anyway.

Any thoughts on sending the reprograming notes to change it back to one long push to start?

Most of us have a perko switch installed for full cut off when not in use.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Hi All,

I want to make sure that the push button starter is the best product it can be and relying on short push / long push sequences is just not what what I intended this product to be.

I'm sure I'm going to be pretty unpopular for this, but here is what I need to do. The product works great now, but I need to some more work on what exactly it needs to be to release it to the public as a product. So, I'm going to send a refund to everyone that has ordered because its not fair for me to sit on you $ while I do this work. Once I have all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed, I'll let everyone know.

I'm REALLY sorry for the inconvenience and confusion around this.