Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 prostar 197, mcx
a couragious story

Hi fellow teamtalkers
It is with great sadness I write this message but very hopefull.
a few weeks back I heard a story regarding a young lady that I personally know from way back when I started out in watersking, and when I was instructing for a group of children at our club. a young waterskier named charlotte fryatt aged about 8 years old was one of our members, a very good competitive waterskier well as time goes by we all lose touch until a few weeks back and I heard charlotte now 34 years young had developed cancer, not only was she in a bad way but she had endured 6 bouts of chemotherapy with one last ditch with the chemo scheduled, charlotte would not be able to receive any more due to the effects on her body.
Charlotte now has a young daughter of 18 months old who needs her mummy
A lifeline has surfaced in the form of immunotherapy, a break through I believe in cancer treatment, but not available on our National Health Service and not cheap the treatment will cost 100 thousand pounds,
Friends and relatives refused to give up and set up a website just for charley hopefull to try to raise the much needed money for the treatment.
The website has been running for just over a month with donations coming in, we in our part of the country are getting behind the charity with all the help we can in raising funds, donations from all walks of life some of don't even know charley, raffles, a competition this weekend the list is endless, couple this with lots of other work going on to raise funds all over the country.
I believe there is a waterski marathon taking place Canada to USA, Toronto to niagara falls and back
If this can get across the pond to our wider family of waterski enthusiasts with your help also maybe just maybe we can give charlotte the treatment she deserves,
all I ask is if you can look at charlottes page, type in google, cure4charley
or follow the link https://cure4charley.com/
it will bring up her pages with her story and if like me it tugs on your heart strings then please make a donation doesn't matter how small every bit counts the fund currently is up to 77,885 pounds, its going to be tough but we are trying to get the funds close if not hit the target this weekend.

please visit and read charlies plight

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully read through charlottes pages to see the wonderfull work being done