Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

Did I surf without a handle first try? Yes

Have I surfed behind my 190 even without the handle? Yes lots of people and beer in the boat, at a private lake, at night, during a ski club camping trip.

Can I count how many times I've surfed in my life? Yes Less than 5 more like 3

My opinion about surfing.

It is the lamest water sport ever invented. I've tried to get into surfing my 3 times of trying and many other times watching painfully, but could not bring myself to ever enjoy such an activity. It takes absolutely no skill what so ever. I mean someone who has never seen a boat can get up after 3 tries.

Surfing is for the lame, candy a$$, wanna be, that has no skills to run a slalom course, ride a sky ski and do inverts, wakeboard and do inverts, trick ski, barefoot, or jump.

It is basically as lame as tubing.

I'll take up a rocking chair on the porch before I become a damn surfer.

Surfing is so lame I campare it to Mitt Romneys 47% of people not paying taxes and taking the easy way out. People surf because it is the easy road instead of applying themselves in a real sport.

I think Mastercraft should keep building wake boats and slalom boats. Thats where the real skill is at, not pu$$yfooting around on a damn surfboard with no skills.

Oh and folks it is what it is. I have real good friends that surf. When they drag out all of that crap, I want to just go home. It's absolutely pathetic to watch. They justify it because they are old 27-28 yrs old and don't want to get hurt.

If you want to make something of yourself then try doing a sport that you have to apply yourself to get better at. Drinking a beer while riding a wave that ruins everyones water and tears up shore lines is not a sport. It's what you call the activity for people with no skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 01-04-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Kyle, I can understand you point of view and have been at the elite level in sports, but the rocking chair is where I draw the line... ;-) good rant, thanks for some friday humour. As you get older and have some kids, your priorities will change.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

It is the lamest water sport ever invented.
Nice post Kyle, I'm with ya brutha, but lets say surfing behind a boat is lame If they could create a wave like this I'd be all over it, but a weak 12mph thigh high (and that's considered big) wake isn't fun to us.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

Have I surfed behind my 190 even without the handle? Yes lots of people and beer in the boat, at a private lake, at night, during a ski club camping trip.

It is the lamest water sport ever invented. I've tried to get into surfing my 3 times of trying and many other times watching painfully, but could not bring myself to ever enjoy such an activity. It takes absolutely no skill what so ever. I mean someone who has never seen a boat can get up after 3 tries.

Surfing is for the lame, candy a$$, wanna be, that has no skills to run a slalom course, ride a sky ski and do inverts, wakeboard and do inverts, trick ski, barefoot, or jump.

Surfing is so lame I campare it to Mitt Romneys 47% of people not paying taxes and taking the easy way out. People surf because it is the easy road instead of applying themselves in a real sport.

I think Mastercraft should keep building wake boats and slalom boats. Thats where the real skill is at, not pu$$yfooting around on a damn surfboard with no skills.

Oh and folks it is what it is. I have real good friends that surf. When they drag out all of that crap, I want to just go home. It's absolutely pathetic to watch. They justify it because they are old 27-28 yrs old and don't want to get hurt.

If you want to make something of yourself then try doing a sport that you have to apply yourself to get better at. Drinking a beer while riding a wave that ruins everyones water and tears up shore lines is not a sport. It's what you call the activity for people with no skills.
ahah foam at the mouth more Kyle. Why so mad?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
ahah foam at the mouth more Kyle. Why so mad?
Because its cold in DFW and he's work'n up some heat to thaw out after his Polar bear day
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM
TT Regular

Boat: x25
my lake has about 7 wakesetters which were first bought with the hopes that there kids would become rusty malinoskis. Once they realized that the boat isnt doing a thing and its simply a lack of skill and for some unfortunatly there body weight, they turned to surfing. And they all sit in one corner of the boat huddled up like a bunch of idiots thinking they just created the best surf wave possible. and all look at each other and go ""hangloose braaah""

this has completely turned surfing off for me and with that said i dont even put my surfboard in the board racks cause its honestly embarrassing. it will have to be a really choppy/windy day for me to pull the surf out otherwise i will always wakeboard.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
As for kyles rant- I can agree a little bit with that point of view. It is easy to get up and control your speed to stay with the boat. However, it is not easy to pull off a 360 shuv-it, or a 180 air, etc... Even just surface 360s are not easy by any means.

I do agree that it is one of the easier water sports. However, just because you get up behind a boat and can control your speed to stay with it, doesnt mean you wakesurfed.....

With all of that said, I wakesurf because it is something I can do while the lake is rough. I have never, and will never surf on glass. I love wakeboarding too much for that!! Surfing gives us an alternative to sitting at the sandbar and drinking beer......
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
I apologize to the courteous surfers (few and far between on my lake) as this does not apply to you....

As a waterfront land owner, surfing is beating the hell out of the boats tied up to my pier and has had an impact on the shore line on my lake. So now, the land owners have basically bulkheaded 80% of the lake which keeps waves in the lake for hours. There is about a two mile isolated stretch on the lake that is not bulkheaded and has no camps - that is where the skiers and boarders try to hang out but now the surfers are taking that spot over as well.

Long story short....there is talk of establishing rules that boats leaving wakes greater than xx will be banned.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Quote:
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No

Wow. Were you drunk while posting that, or are you always this charming?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Have I surfed? Yes.

Do I enjoy it? No