Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2013, 05:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacx2 View Post
Ok, I'll be honest. I surf because I can't slalom ski. I need a sport where I can have as wide a stance as possible because my balls are so huge. There is no way I could get into a narrow stance to slalom ski without crushing them. I'm hoping to start a support group (no pun intended) for others with the same problem.
You are the highest respected surfer in my eyes.

Thank you for being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
MC Maniac

Tristar

Where have I insulted another TTer

I have bashed the activity because it is NOT a sport. I have also mentioned now 3 times that I have surfer friends. I also made it known that I don't mind the person but hate the wake. Not one time did I insult an individual.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Tristar

I have bashed the activity because it is NOT a sport. I have also mentioned now 3 times that I have surfer friends. I also made it known that I don't mind the person but hate the wake. Not one time did I insult an individual.
Seems like you do mind the person, as seen by the various insults below:

Quote:
This is for the washed up of the washed up lake people. The individual who has no skills but wants to have skills. The fat drunk mans sport. The sport that is for the lazy who doesn't want to get winded or out of breath.
Quote:
Surfing is for the guy who is a lazy and doesn't not habe the skills to be a real skier.
Quote:
Surfing is for the never will be's, just like tubing.
Quote:
Surfing is for the lame, candy a$$, wanna be, that has no skills to run a slalom course, ride a sky ski and do inverts, wakeboard and do inverts, trick ski, barefoot, or jump.
Quote:
So they take the path of least resistance and choose the easiest way out.
I would say any TTer that surfs would consider those insults. Or are those terms of endearment?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, X-45, 2006, LQ9
Quote:
You guys are missing the point.

If Mastercraft had never built a 3 event boat, then NONE of us would have a Mastercraft today. The brand never would have survived.

Let's have a history lesson here.

We first have slalom, trick and jump. We also introduce Barefooting soon after.

Mastercraft builds only a 3 event boat for over 20+ years.

The skiers eventually had problems getting to perfect glass water, private lakes, practice times in ideal conditions. Then we create wakeboarding.

New sport evolves. It requires talent but not the strict rules of a course, perfect times, exact speeds, and no one has to do the same tricks or run the same pattern. This makes it easier to learn the tricks you want vs a set skill of 6 buoys at a set speed and shortest line legnth.

Then comes wake surfing.

This is for the washed up of the washed up lake people. The individual who has no skills but wants to have skills. The fat drunk mans sport. The sport that is for the lazy who doesn't want to get winded or out of breath.

Seriously no athletic ability is needed. It is a sport for the person who has their refrigerator next to their recliner in the living room.

If you surfers want to moan about my statements then fine.

A three event skier can pick up any other waterski activity.

Look at Geno Yauchler... The man can run a slalom course, barefoot, trick ski like pimp daddy, jump, wakeboard, and has the world record in sky ski. I'm sure he can surf as that takes no skill. He was a 3 event skier

How many surfers can sky sk (inverts)i, wake board (inverts), trick ski, run a slalom course, barefoot, and jump?

Surfing is for the guy who is a lazy and doesn't not habe the skills to be a real skier.

All in all. Wakeboarding was created because slalom eas too hard. Then surfing was created because wakeboarding was too hard. The next sport will be just launching a boat because surfing is too hard.

I want to make a shirt that would say

I can't do 3 event and I suck at wakeboarding so I took up surfing.

Surfing is for the never will be's, just like tubing.

You are cracking me up!
I've got a open invitation to prove your point! Come to the Northwest and I'll meet you at any lake or river and you can show us how you do a 360 or 720 while surfing, staying in the wave, and then give us a shiv-it and finish by catching air off the wave and grabbing the board. By the way, you need to start off the platform without a rope and finish on the platform. Hell, it so easy you won't need a swim suit because it takes no skill to surf.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Tristar

I'm official offended and soo mad!!

And where the hell is Eddie when you need him?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I'm official offended and soo mad!!

And where the hell is Eddie when you need him?
LOL

Eddie is where Eddie should be......in his shop building rats rear vent cup holder.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderX45 View Post
You are cracking me up!
I've got a open invitation to prove your point! Come to the Northwest and I'll meet you at any lake or river and you can show us how you do a 360 or 720 while surfing, staying in the wave, and then give us a shiv-it and finish by catching air off the wave and grabbing the board. By the way, you need to start off the platform without a rope and finish on the platform. Hell, it so easy you won't need a swim suit because it takes no skill to surf.
Can you do any of these things?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
OMG- Just finished reading this whole thread. Was laughing so much I forgot what it started as. Had to go back to check the initial comment. Still don't get how handguns and wake surfing are related.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:05 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBushing View Post
OMG- Just finished reading this whole thread. Was laughing so much I forgot what it started as. Had to go back to check the initial comment. Still don't get how handguns and wake surfing are related.
Nice!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderX45 View Post
You are cracking me up!
Post up a vid of the tricks.

I'm sure it would not be hard to learn

I would also be willing to bet that the guy surfing has 3 event skills, wake boarding skills, or came from a strong skill set prior to picking up a surfboard. Therefore that person was a real skier at one time.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Kyle; 01-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.