Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '91 PS190, 351 w/'slot
How good of video quality do you want? I have the first gopro hd and have no complaints about the footage so far, as long as you're filming in the dark/low-light. I've only used 720p @ 30fps. 1080p isn't a whole lot better, but I've heard 720p @ 60fps is great, especially for slow-mo shots. Here's a vid from this past summer. (those o'brien tubes worked great, too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH0F5VvJXSE
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
I know they're expensive, but what about one of those banana tubes? Seems like it'd be pretty stable, and you'd be higher above the water, farther away from splashes.
G
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Other than avoiding the submarining tubes, would you not want a lower profile to avoid getting clothes-lined by the wakeboard line? My thought was that you most likely want to lay down (backwards) on the tube to be filming?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Many of the Sports Stuff line appears to be better thought out to deliver a quality, submarine free ride.

Big Bertha would be a good round choice. I cant remember if there is enough room for a single to full croutch to get a good, stable pic.

We have a Speed Zone 2. It is similar in size to Big Bertha but flatter. Never a submarine issue. The things that make it a good kids towable like deep cockpit seating, bottom cushion helps to smooth out bumps and stable ride, sound like characteristics for photog work. A single could straddle the hump and have good bracing with the seat backs or leave them deflated to lean back more? Also the extra cockpit space could allow for more gear and less need to drag the tube in to change equipment. (assuming floating bag to store the other pieces)

Speed Zone 1 could also be an option. I have no direct experience, just drawing from assumptions of the speed zone 2. Being a single, it is 20" narrower so it should be faster to inflate/deflate easier to handle since the primary focus is on boarding and not dealing with a huge tube. A reverse riding position would probably be ideal but I dont have any experience on how it handles with more weight in the bow. Weight would only be in the bow at speed which might make it more successful than starting out that way?

Last edited by bsloop; 01-02-2013 at 04:45 PM.