Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 02-27-2014, 01:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 96 Mastercraft Prostar 205
purchased my 96 205 last year and towards the end of the summer i noticed mine had been crushed as well. It looks bent exactly like the first pictures. I even keep a kneeboard under there so i cant imagine how much worse it might be had i not kept it under there to give a bit of support.

I know it has been a year or so, but did anyone ever come up with a solution/fix to this?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
My 96 rear seat had exactly the same problem. I recently had the interior re-done and I decided to ditch the one piece aluminum honeycomb rear seat base and make a 3-piece seat base with a supporting frame out of treated plywood. The center section is removable and can be stowed underneath. Now there is a solid platform to stand on instead of the seat cushion when getting in and out of the boat. The two side sections can also be removed to access the storage bins.
I finished the frame today, now I need to waterproof it with resin and cover with carpet.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
My 96 rear seat had exactly the same problem. I recently had the interior re-done and I decided to ditch the one piece aluminum honeycomb rear seat base and make a 3-piece seat base with a supporting frame out of treated plywood. The center section is removable and can be stowed underneath. Now there is a solid platform to stand on instead of the seat cushion when getting in and out of the boat. The two side sections can also be removed to access the storage bins.
I finished the frame today, now I need to waterproof it with resin and cover with carpet.
That is looking great. I was resisting adding a rear seat to my boat, but after seeing they way you put this together..............time to add on more thing to the To Do List.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-23-2014, 07:58 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
looks awesome!! there's going to be some really cool 90's era boats that will be considered classics in a few years...
Old 03-23-2014, 08:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
Quote:
Very Nice. I really like the three piece. Seems like a no brainer if your doing new interior. I did the full support as well and line-x'd my frame. I would however reconsider where you screwed into fiberglass on ends just so you can quick access under floor. Weird not seeing the gas tank in there.
Attached Images

Last edited by mgs96ps; 03-23-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
looks awesome!! there's going to be some really cool 90's era boats that will be considered classics in a few years...

Thanks, Mike. The next addition is going to be a fill-in cushion for the bow area and a Perspex wind break in the walk-through.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Your upholstery looks fantastic! I really like the diamond pattern.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs96ps View Post
Very Nice. I really like the three piece. Seems like a no brainer if your doing new interior. I did the full support as well and line-x'd my frame. I would however reconsider where you screwed into fiberglass on ends just so you can quick access under floor. Weird not seeing the gas tank in there.

You have a point...it's only four screws holding it in. So not really that much more work to access the under floor.