Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar
How to remove interior panels?

I have a 94 Maristar and was wondering how to remove the interior panels (specifically drivers side)? I need to check some wiring going on behind them. Are they like your standard car interior panels that pop off with a bit of effort or do I need to beware of hidden screws/bolts??

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
On mine, there are studs with nuts alone the inside top and wood screws on the bottom. The speakers should be the only wires you encounter.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM
TT Newbie

Well, I'm having a stereo install issue...http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=59638 and I think there is a ground block or something going on back there. Many wires going behind the panel, only a few going out.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
can't help with the interior, but noticed your screen name. you really ride in that river? i have a friend with a moomba that rides in there also.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
TT Newbie

Haha yup...well actually my wife is the wakeboarder, I'm just the chauffeur :-). Went out this past Sunday to get the boat in the water, nice to be back. We love it out there. Does your friend have a couple of boys?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdiRiverRat View Post
Haha yup...well actually my wife is the wakeboarder, I'm just the chauffeur :-). Went out this past Sunday to get the boat in the water, nice to be back. We love it out there. Does your friend have a couple of boys?
her son is in college. did you just buy your maristar. i think i saw it for sell on craiglist a while back. i knew some people rode in the verdigris. we go to skiatook mainly with some trips to table rock.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
TT Newbie

Hmmm...dont think its who I was thinking of.

Yeah, this is likely the same boat. Crazy story how it all went down, but it worked out in the end, took us 2 years to finally find one she wanted. We love it.

I don't have a lot of boat knowledge, so I'm trying to get up to speed.

We went to Keystone a lot late last summer (wakeboard on the river, party on the lake), but we're planning on going to Skiatook a lot this year. I'm over that Keystone water haha. The Verdigris is really my favorite though, just gotta watch out for sticks!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Keystone is just nasty! Any you never know when you are going to hit a sand bar out in the middle. Skiatook is a pretty lake and didn't used to be that crowded (at least 20 years ago when I was living in Tulsa). Of course Grand Lake is great if the wind isn't blowing.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
On mine, there are studs with nuts alone the inside top and wood screws on the bottom. The speakers should be the only wires you encounter.
Pretty much dead on. There were 2 wood screws at the front and back of the bottom carpeted panel, some studs with nuts and then those dadgum plastic interior things along the top near the drivers side...those sucked to pop out. But other than that it came off fairly effortlessly.

Thanks!