Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Stitching

Has any one here ever cleaned their stitching on the upholstery? I know boats are meant to get wet. But if you can keep things dry and treated from dry rot, I'm a firm believer that it will last a lot longer. The boat I just got, could use a little attention to the stitching as it is kind of grey against the white or really light grey. I thought of using a tooth brush but I don't want to have to rinse. What are your thoughts? Besides laughing. Have one on me...
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-45 2008 MCX
Use totally awesome. Works perfect!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2012, 01:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Totally awesome and a brush. I usually just use a larger nylon brush, but a toothbrush would be good if you just want the hit the stitching good. I always rinse with water afterwards then let it dry and apply 303 protectant.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Has any one here ever cleaned their stitching on the upholstery? I know boats are meant to get wet. But if you can keep things dry and treated from dry rot, I'm a firm believer that it will last a lot longer. The boat I just got, could use a little attention to the stitching as it is kind of grey against the white or really light grey. I thought of using a tooth brush but I don't want to have to rinse. What are your thoughts? Besides laughing. Have one on me...
Maybe invert the seat to rinse. this way water runs off but you rinse the cleaner out of the stitching.