Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 11-23-2012, 03:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
updated stickers

When I bought my 93 Maristar the po had taken off the Mastercraft sticker on the side. He said he thought it looked cleaner. I think I would like to either put on the original stickers (just the big Mastercraft stickers) or something newer or more current. I don't want any tribal stuff or slanted letters. I like the stock look, just want something more modern.

Here is my boat, give me your ideas...
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2012, 03:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Go buy the new style drip molded lettering at your dealer. White with chrome accent

Look at my boat and you can see how new lettering on an old boat looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Hi John - Kyle has cool letters...Jim at BAWS bay area water sports can get you decals as well. I have the art for the Mastercraft with I can email you - then you can take it your local vinyl shop and have them made. Good decals should be cut from solid color vinyl or if printed should be UV laminated. Or if you want to color match you will have to work with your vinyl shop..that could cost you a bit more in hourly charges if graphics artist not quick in color matching. many...many options.

these guys are good at making many things... http://shop.domednumbers.com/

when applying make sure all wax is off and get and edge sealer pen...

https://www.signsplusbanners.com/ite...quid+Laminates

this will keep the edges from coming up...
Old 11-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Go buy the new style drip molded lettering at your dealer. White with chrome accent

Look at my boat and you can see how new lettering on an old boat looks like.
kyle love your pole speaker system... never really looked your boat before...I have a skylon pole..need to get a bimini like yours and wake board holder... which wakeboard holders did you get? I wonder if they would work on my skylon pole...
Old 11-23-2012, 05:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
I can get you what ever you need. The standard two cooler MasterCraft in
White with a gray outline plus the side and stern indentifiers

Jim@BAWS 813 996 2297

Thanks

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Go original. Get from BAWS. IMO....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Looks awesome Kyle, thanks for the idea. I need to talk to you about your interior and exterior lights. It might compliment my boat! It looks good on yours.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
MC Maniac

JJ

Got visitor message and found the thread. Sorry I totally forgot about this thread so I figured I'd update.

Ok MC does not make my exact stickers any more. Mine have the black fade to white and those were back in '02 ish.

The new drip mold letters are white with a chrome outline. Same size, font, length, height, as mine. Only difference is color. Chrome and white would POP on your rig. Then on the transom I would put the large chrome 3d Mastercraft across the back. Nothing on the sides in the rear where I have ProStar 190, leave yours blank or naked back there.

IIRC they are $85 a side and $50 for the back.

I have to put the white and chrome decals on my friends X9. His boat had the stupid screen printed gangster X9 with the wakeboarder of fire doing a trick and we removed that stupid sticker. We are going a much classier look.

The only difference in size was the tournament team graphics because they are larger.

You want the x35, X45, Mastercraft side graphics.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 AM
MC Maniac

Baws will have and know exactly what you want.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
kyle love your pole speaker system... never really looked your boat before...I have a skylon pole..need to get a bimini like yours and wake board holder... which wakeboard holders did you get? I wonder if they would work on my skylon pole...
Mike

The skylon is a 2 piece standard skylon.

The wakeboard racks are the standard skylon wakeboard rack that fits the pylon.

Ok get ready for iPhone instructions. I may need to post up close up pics for you.

Take the racks off of the skylon mount. Then drill out the mount to fit a larger through bolt 4 bolts. This way you can through bolt with washers, and nuts.

Build a custom fiberglass box out of wood, sch 40 irrigation 8" od pipe, PVC end caps, window screen and lots of time.

The wood is for the front and back skeleton. Then cut the PVC pipe to length. Install cap to pipe. Insert the pipe from the rear to the front. Drill screws through the wood to secure the pipe. Then wrap with window screen and a staple gun. Put resin and matting on the formed screen. Once hardened sand to a smooth finish. Drop the box off at linex bed liner and have it sprayed.

The speaker will screw into the edge of the pipe. Pre drill the speaker holes into the pipe. You are drilling down the pipe not through it. Basically splitting the difference in the ID and OD of the pipe. Install speakers. Install box on the skylon factory mounting bracket. Through bolt the rack outside of the speaker box through the box and through the skylon bracket. Basically sandwiching the box between the rack and mounting bracket.

I built it in my head and then built it. Sorry I have no pics of the build process. I figured people would think it was ghey and why would I waste that much time instead of buying a tower. I just prefer no tower on a 190. If I had a 197 it would have a mini tower.

Btw the 2 7.7 JL audio speakers I have up there are louder than most people that have 4 tower speakers. My friend with 6 tower speakers still can not over power those 2.

Taymc197 can out play me just due to the fact that he and I set up his boats tower system and he has proper power going to 4 speakers where I only have 2. But either way they are extremely loud.

If you want I can draw a set of plans for you if need be. That way you have better directions.

It took time but well worth it.

Quote:
Quote: