Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
How to access old posts (pre 2012)

I have com across Team Talk discussions dating back to 2008 from Google, but I cant pull up anything older than 2012 here. How can I view older posts from a few years back?

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Old 12-20-2012, 04:40 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Can you access this post from 2004?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Did that prop change help w rooster tail? Do you have pics at 32-34 mph?
Planning to be in the 22 off mess next year and need to improve my wake. Buddy has 05 196 which is friggin awesome at -22 / 33mph.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 PM
MC Hero

It helped a bit, but nothing is going to get that boat to a TSC2 slalom wake, which isn't to say anything the least bit negative about the potential of the 94 205's wake. I have long said that had I wanted an open bow, I'd have kept my 93 205.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 PM

Boat: 06 X30
I'm pretty sure Albert Einstein figure it out.

As you approach the speed of light time slows down. He went on to theorize that if you move faster then the speed of light in the opposite rotation of the earth you can go back in time. So, if you double the speed of light you can go back and see those old post.

According to some of the really old TT members that's when this place was in it's hey-day. It was long before me but I hear there was some great exodus that took place because of MOD's behavior that just killed the place.

edit

but, you must know he got the noble peace prize for his work on atoms. You know the one they later split and made into nuclear weapons. Kind of crazy that a peace prize is given to the most destructive of all scientific finds ever.

/edit

Last edited by CantRepeat; 12-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
It helped a bit, but nothing is going to get that boat to a TSC2 slalom wake, which isn't to say anything the least bit negative about the potential of the 94 205's wake. I have long said that had I wanted an open bow, I'd have kept my 93 205.
Agree I can't get close, just looking for a bit better. I feel like my boat is an I/O compared to his. Although mine is better than the tsc3 another guy has. Something messed up with that one, I've mentioned before.

Having said all that, it is likely the person on top of the ski just needs to get on edge more and get to -28.....
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I'm pretty sure Albert Einstein figure it out.

As you approach the speed of light time slows down. He went on to theorize that if you move faster then the speed of light in the opposite rotation of the earth you can go back in time. So, if you double the speed of light you can go back and see those old post.

According to some of the really old TT members that's when this place was in it's hey-day. It was long before me but I hear there was some great exodus that took place because of MOD's behavior that just killed the place.

edit

but, you must know he got the noble peace prize for his work on atoms. You know the one they later split and made into nuclear weapons. Kind of crazy that a peace prize is given to the most destructive of all scientific finds ever.

/edit

Truth be told, the hey-day was around early 2004 right before Jason (not Jason Borje (sp); the Jason that built this VB forum from the ground up) turned on the post counter. I was still on a dial up. BriEOD called Andre "Frenchie." JimN and Lee_Cromwell were the only moderators, and there were a handful of others present who are still making appearances today. I was still green as could be, had just figured out how to use the boat buddy sort of, and was considered a total newbie by JimN, who had been here since 99 or something crazy like that.

The Mod that ran everyone off hadn't even heard of the internet at that point and was still polishing the beer can that covered his distributor cap or whatever it was.

We didn't migrate to a vBulletin layout until 2004 or so. Before that, it was one big thread with a handful of unused folders. Somehow, it worked. I learned a ton about my boat, had some laughs, and got to know complete strangers on the internet without all of the normalcy that goes along with what we currently know as social networking. Once we got into the fancy VB layout, there were rules enforced and the rest is just history repeating itself over and over every 2 years or so.

It's still fun, but you can never go home again.

Good times!

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Last edited by east tx skier; 12-20-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:27 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Agree I can't get close, just looking for a bit better. I feel like my boat is an I/O compared to his. Although mine is better than the tsc3 another guy has. Something messed up with that one, I've mentioned before.

Having said all that, it is likely the person on top of the ski just needs to get on edge more and get to -28.....
In my experience, the 3 generations of TSC hulls are not too far apart for slalom. TSC2 has a slight edge and TSC1 and 3 are pretty close. TSC1 is superb across the 3 events without mods. TSC2 was awful at tricking from what I have heard.
You can ski anyone of them down to 30 mph and not notice the wake as long as no one is sitting in the corner of the observer seat throwing the weight distribution off. SNs are terribly sensitive to lateral weight distribution. I have skied the TSC3 hull plenty and it is really great (as good as mine). So your friend's boat may have something effecting the wake that you/he isn't aware of. I didn't love mine until I had an Acme 422 on it, but his should already have that. The wakes are very different from an old school MC wake. They are a bit rampier rather than the abrupt bump on an older MC wake. They also have a softer rooster tail than the older MCs.

As for modifications, you could always unscrew the throttle knob, replace your boat with a TSC, and screw the throttle knob back down. But the older SNs have those nice wooden knobs. So you might just pitch it.

But seriously, you might try putting about 75 lbs of weight in the nose to get the arse end out of the water a bit more. Tried it with my SN and hated it (wake was the same, handling was terrible at lower speeds), but you never know. Some people swear by weighting the nose. Or, just throw a 541 on there, run low gas in the tank and enjoy the wake that made open bows an option ... and how.

I will hang on the edge all the way, but I can still tell the difference among different hulls.

/old man knees.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Last edited by east tx skier; 12-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Truth be told, the hey-day was around early 2004 right before Jason (not Jason Borje (sp); the Jason that built this VB forum from the ground up) turned on the post counter. I was still on a dial up. BriEOD called Andre "Frenchie." JimN and Lee_Cromwell were the only moderators, and there were a handful of others present who are still making appearances today. I was still green as could be, had just figured out how to use the boat buddy sort of, and was considered a total newbie by JimN, who had been here since 99 or something crazy like that.

The Mod that ran everyone off hadn't even heard of the internet at that point and was still polishing the beer can that covered his distributor cap or whatever it was.

We didn't migrate to a vBulletin layout until 2004 or so. Before that, it was one big thread with a handful of unused folders. Somehow, it worked. I learned a ton about my boat, had some laughs, and got to know complete strangers on the internet without all of the normalcy that goes along with what we currently know as social networking. Once we got into the fancy VB layout, there were rules enforced and the rest is just history repeating itself over and over every 2 years or so.

It's still fun, but you can never go home again.

Good times!
Hilarious!!! I never knew ya had it in ya, Doug!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Hilarious!!! I never knew ya had it in ya, Doug!
Might have been some Holiday cheer that he had in him

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com