Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
daverbeck......
I don't get to Lac Labelle much, but am very familiar as to its where abouts.
Eric......
Oh yeah; the Chain Skimmers. I knew them well when they were still on the chain. I probably saw you if you were one of them. We vacationed on Yellow Birch right down from the "T Docks" for 14 years until 1988 when we bought our place on Laurel Lake in Three Lakes. In fact the Skimmers used our (the place we stayed) shore often to start their Kite Act. those were the good old days. I don't ski any longer, but I have a great time pulling our kids and grand-kids. Never thought i would get a Mastercraft at this stage in life, but I'm just ecstatic that I was able to. Still have the Ski Nautique, but I think that's just temporary. Maybe someday our paths will cross.
Best wishes,
Snipe (Egon)
Drop a line: easchmandt@wi.rr.com
Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
Snipe;
Very cool. Another old schooler.

Yea, you would think that a person who grew up behind SN's would eventually buy one. But not me, I'm on my 3rd MC. I still slalom alot and my goal is to do alot more footin this year.

Happy New Year!

EricB
Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
MC Fanatic

This is my first MC a 1998 Prostar190. Most of my friends have MCs up there. I just hope this one sounds as good as the SN. I may have to pull the mufflers. Since I was a kid, I always had to have pipes. There is a guy on our lake that only does barefooting. He's got a I think '91 with a 351 PCM
Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

My latest MC is a 1998 Anniversary w/LT1 and Powerslot. I don't know what vintage your SN is but the wake on your MC is really sweet for slalom, but trick wake is good too.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM
MC Fanatic

This is kind of a dumb question... but as long as we are on the subject of a '98 MC,
It seems to me that the fuel filler is in kind of an awkward spot right on the corner of the transom. Other than pulling the boat up to a gas pump, do you use some kind of a flexible funnel to get gas in there? It would in my opinion work easier if the filler was more on top, but we have the sun deck there.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

I agree. Not a dumb question but a dumb placement. Bad angle and too small. I fill w/5 gal. cans and they have flexible spouts.
Waterski Mag did an article on making a gas funnel that attached to your dock or boatlift. It would work well but my boat and lift sit on the opposite side of the dock where it would be useful. So I have limped along with cans and slow-pouring spouts.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 AM
MC Fanatic

My boat is on the correct side, I'll have to try to find that article. A funnel would be nice, I have seen some kind of pumper, but then you need to transfer gas from one container to the pumper. Not my idea of adding to the "good times".
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Either fill from inside the boat or on the platform. Bought VP Racing fuel dump jugs and don't spill a drop/fill very quickly. They have hose attachments that help reach the filler too.
Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 AM
MC Fanatic

I looked the dump jugs up. Interesting. Those hose attachments; do you know if they will fit on a regular plastic gas container? Other than on line, where can I look at them to see if they might fit. Those dump jugs; how big are they, they look small on line.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, ProSport 205, 1994, 5.7
We fill my MC from 5 gallon cans too an it made a huge mess plus scratched up the deck next to the filler.

Solution - they make a syphon device that has flex tubing with a little check valve on one end. Drop the check valve in the gas can jerk it up and down to fill the tubing with gas an then the whole can syphons out. Really slick and no mess.

I learned how to ski in the late 50's or early 60's on High Falls flow age near Crivitz. I don't know exactly when. I just remember that I had to wear tennis shoes because the skis were too big and fell off my feet - no kids skis back then.

Then quit skiing for a number of years and got back into it after we got a cottage in the early 90's. Now there is a group of us called The Gezzer Gang that ski every Sunday AM. I'm the youngest at 58. The oldest is mid 60's. Strictly open water slalom though I have run the course a few times winter skiing in Florida.

Let me know if you are up for a run sometime.