Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu Sunsetter LXI 2006 Indmar 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
I know your into customization... But I wouldn't wrap my non-PWT xstar and pretend it was a PWT boat... That stock graphics and interior are sick on that boat.

As sweet as it would be to have a PWT boat... The one I saw this summer was beat to shat.
X2

Don't get me wrong, your wrap is nice, but the way it sits now is near perfection.

Last edited by Michigan Tim; 12-08-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Here is what it looked like before. I added 2 more speakers, replaced the tower inlays and will be adding the Fly-High PWT ballast. I will also be replacing the platform pad to a Sea-Deck faux teak with Master Craft logo.

I really love the interior colors, its the same I had on my 2011 X25,but IMO better... and its only got 45 hours on it.

Attachment 87339

Attachment 87340

Attachment 87341
That is a beautiful boat to begin with. I like it.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-Star, Red and Black, L18
Your boat is beautiful. Maybe the prettiest I have ever seen. I have a Z5 rigid cargo bimini on my 2008 and it not only is highly funcitional with great coverage but it also looks really good on an XStar. I can't help bu believe yours would be enhanced by adding one too.

"Tropic corridor, tropic treasure. What got us this far to this mild equator? We need someone, something new....something else to get us through" (James Douglas Morrison/The Doors)
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CottagerGreg View Post
Murphy stuff is slick but i'd be scared how much a non-warranty (5 years from now) repairs would cost

I like my 08 but the timers do leave a little to be desired
Well if you sell your 40th let me know! I'm in the market for one!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Well if you sell your 40th let me know! I'm in the market for one!
Ya this is what I hear from a lot of people. except no one wants to do a straight up trade for 2013 x-star

I am really happy with my xstar. It has been trouble-free and turns heads everywhere it goes..

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Thanks guys for your comments. I will attempt to answer some of your questions/comments.

I do plan on putting my under the bow sheild graphic I created for my X25, but in Charcole grey with white background. I wont install that untill spring.

Just behind the MC sheild there is the word "Star", its just hard to see. the effect I was going for is to have the sheild and "Star" quite dark to almost appear like a watermark image.

The X looks pink in the image, but its actually pro-tour red.

The idea of putting on a PWT wrap on a non PWT boat? so whats the big deal? its just a wrap. You can get the 2012 PWT wrap for the current X-star so it looks like you have the 2012 PWT star. http://www.sirlinwraps.com/wraps
501s is correct, I like my boats to have 'comp' look to them - just my personal opinion. Vehicles on the other had, I perfer them stock. I coulnt find a PWT star for sale (seen one up close here in Edmonton), so I decided to make my own version, just cause I loved the graphics on it, and it was an easy fit for the boat I purchased, had it been a different color, the wrap would have ben different

Thanks for the compliment on the interior - this is one thing that I am super excited about. I was hoping to find a star with the mocha/beech interior, and now I got one.

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4

Last edited by bjames; 12-11-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Rebels View Post
Your boat is beautiful. Maybe the prettiest I have ever seen. I have a Z5 rigid cargo bimini on my 2008 and it not only is highly funcitional with great coverage but it also looks really good on an XStar. I can't help bu believe yours would be enhanced by adding one too.
I have been really thinking about the Z5 cargo top. I had one on my Moomba and loved it. I think I will see how I like the bimini that comes with it first before I make up my mine. The PWT star that I saw last year had the Z5 and looked really nice.

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Thanks guys for your comments. I will attempt to answer some of your questions/comments.

I do plan on putting my under the bow sheild graphic I created for my X25, but in Charcole grey with white background. I wont install that untill spring.

Just behind the MC sheild there is the word "Star", its just hard to see. the effect I was going for is to have the sheild and "Star" quite dark to almost appear like a watermark image.

The X looks pink in the image, but its actually pro-tour red.

The idea of putting on a PWT wrap on a non PWT boat? so whats the big deal? its just a wrap. You can get the 2012 PWT wrap for the current X-star so it looks like you have the 2012 PWT star. http://www.sirlinwraps.com/wraps
501s is correct, I like my boats to have 'comp' look to them - just my personal opinion. Vehicles on the other had, I perfer them stock. I coulnt find a PWT star for sale (seen one up close here in Edmonton), so I decided to make my own version, just cause I loved the graphics on it, and it was an easy fit for the boat I purchased, had it been a different color, the wrap would have ben different

Thanks for the compliment on the interior - this is one thing that I am super excited about. I was hoping to find a star with the mocha/beech interior, and now I got one.
I think it will look awesome. If you want to put on PWT graphics on then go ahead! It is your boat after all. Post up some pictures of her when it's all done.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Boatless!!! NXT? X2?
Honestly, I cannot wait to see the final product. You do a dang good job with your wraps. I am in the minority of people who do not like the stock graphics and think this wrap is going to look way better than the stock boat. It is going to look sick. Really looking forward of pictures of the actual boat and wrap!!!

Nice work!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
Pictures please, pictures, pictures, webwant to see the new wrap right now ;-)