Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Hey Jeff, are you on Medina Line or Everett?
Mike,
The house is located on Medina Line Rd.. Being that you are familiar with the area, if you come off of Everett and head north on Medina Line you cross over 271 and my drive is the 2nd one on the left........or just follow the mud trail!
Put that truck in 4wd and come on back if you are in the area!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 AM
MC Devotee

Pictures of the driveway project from inception....

Not sure if I had posted these before in another thread but here are a few shots of how the driveway began and what it looked like prior to Monday. The good news is that 95% of the drive is holding up to the traffic just fine, and with the concrete trucks being the heaviest things that will roll down it, 2 of them have not done much damage. The other good thing is that the weather is turning colder so it should help to firm up the ground.

Well, we will see what today brings and I will try to get more pics later of the progress.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Nice! I see a BIG pole building in your future.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Nice! I see a BIG pole building in your future.
That would be mandatory. Doors on either end so you can drive through with the boat, and park the whole rig inside still hooked up.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing great about lite beer.
Quite the contrary! Ever try puttin down a case of "heavy " beer? Aint gonna happen unless you some time to work on it. By the time you get a good buzz goin' you're too full to drink any more!
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!

Is this thread about building a house or getting drunK? (I know they go hand in hand!)

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
That would be mandatory. Doors on either end so you can drive through with the boat, and park the whole rig inside still hooked up.
You would be absolutely correct. The plan.....when I recover financially from the home construction, will be to add a 40x60 pole building with a 12' door so that I can always leave the rig connected. Not sure if I will have enough room to make it a drive thru or not given the location I am planning to put it in but I should be OK.....heck it's just more stone and another garage door right!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
You would be absolutely correct. The plan.....when I recover financially from the home construction, will be to add a 40x60 pole building with a 12' door so that I can always leave the rig connected. Not sure if I will have enough room to make it a drive thru or not given the location I am planning to put it in but I should be OK.....heck it's just more stone and another garage door right!!!
and roof, and lights, and shelves, and ............$$$

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
All that money doesn't leave any spending for that tower you were thinking about... Some day....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Always pays to plan ahead.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM
MC Devotee

Today things got better!

Well, today things seemed to get better and possibly back on track. The additional 60 ton of stone combined with the 20 ton of ground asphalt seemed to create a stable path of the block trucks to get in and out.
So, 2 or 3 block tucks delivered today and the guys got rolling. I was amazed to see how far they got in the course of the day and with the forecast calling for sunny and 46 degrees tomorrow and pretty much nothing but rain Friday thru the weekend, well I think they will be shooting to get a lot done tomorrow.

Things are taking shape that is for sure. I should have the skidder tires/wheels back tomorrow so that will be back in action for the weekend of driveway repair......I hope!

As for the future tower DD, well, I am still hopeful for that in 2013 but if you guys want to take up a collection and send it to me, well that would go a long ways towards making it a reality!

Thanks for the interest in the project guys, it is fun to share the ups and downs. Perspective is what it is all about, I am finding. In the grande scheme of things, no matter what may go wrong I am still far better off than many people in the world and lucky to be so! At the end of each day I can come home to a wife and a smiling 1.5 year old boy that knows nothing of the days trials/tribulations and furthermore does not care, which is just great.
Attached Images