Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-07-2013, 08:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
10/7/13 Update: Poured the concrete pad outside the garage.

Well, this weekend marked the last of the major expenditure projects for this year.....I think!
On Saturday morning we poured 10 yards of concrete for my 24x25 pad outside the garage and put in a 6" wide by 20' long trench drain (not taking any chances!). Everything went great and the it was topped off with a nice broom finish. The project foreman..aka my son Josh, sat in his chair and oversaw the entire project and was so work out in the end that he felt a nap (siesta if you reading this rob) was in order.
We got it finished and covered about 30 minutes before the rain hit....timing is everything. Saw cut it on Sunday and Josh was playing on it after that.

Next up the brick walkway to the front door and side garage door but the materials for that are already here so no major expense, just time!
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2013, 09:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Looks good. Looks like it's tough being the supervisor!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Josh did a great job. Did you let him put his hand print in it or anything? That's always a cool thing to keep seeing as he grows up.

I shouldn't say this but you missed great water. That's all Mark and Shreader kept saying....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-07-2013, 09:22 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Josh did a great job. Did you let him put his hand print in it or anything? That's always a cool thing to keep seeing as he grows up.

I shouldn't say this but you missed great water. That's all Mark and Shreader kept saying....
Indeed the little man's handprint, name and date are proudly displayed in the corner......had it been up to him he would have had footprints throughout the entire slab.

As for the water, Mark sent me a pic and I have to say that was some of the best looking water I have ever seen. Hope you guys were able to take full advantage of it and took a few extra runs for me.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Indeed the little man's handprint, name and date are proudly displayed in the corner......had it been up to him he would have had footprints throughout the entire slab.

As for the water, Mark sent me a pic and I have to say that was some of the best looking water I have ever seen. Hope you guys were able to take full advantage of it and took a few extra runs for me.
Full advantage! I posted a video on Facebook of Mark doing a wip. I was early and he was late so this was the view from 6:45 to 7:15....

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381155997.648789.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381156015.448698.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  49.2 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381156035.381804.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  37.8 KB

Then I broke my trailer. You know how much I LOVE that trailer.....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
I'm asking out of ignorance, but why do the trench drain vs sloping the entire slab?
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
I'm asking out of ignorance, but why do the trench drain vs sloping the entire slab?
Good question. I chose to go this route due to the way my land sits and so that I could catch and control where the water flowed. I did not want to have an area beside the drive where run-off water washed out the yard, so by putting in the trench drain, I was able to catch the water and funnel it into a downspout line that comes out in a swayle that I will be lining with large stone.
We had a very heavy rain last night and the area beside my drive that would normally be rutted from the water was left completely un-harmed, so it worked.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
What's a swayle?

Those are some fancy words you using.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
A swale is a low tract of land, especially one that is moist or marshy.[1] The term can refer to a natural landscape feature or a human-created one. Artificial swales are often designed to manage water runoff, filter pollutants, and increase rainwater infiltration.[2]
The swale concept has also been popularized as a rainwater harvesting and soil conservation strategy by Bill Mollison, Geoff Lawton and other advocates of permaculture. In this context it usually refers to a water harvesting ditch on contour. Another term used is contour bund.[3][4]

Natural swale
Swales as used in permaculture are designed to slow and capture runoff by spreading it horizontally across the landscape (along an elevation contour line), facilitating runoff infiltration into the soil. This type of swale is created by digging a ditch on contour and piling the dirt on the downhill side of the ditch to create a berm. In arid climates, vegetation (existing or planted) along the swale can benefit from the concentration of runoff. Trees and shrubs along the swale can provide shade which decreases water evaporation.

From Wikipedia

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
It's a ditch lol