Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2, MCX
Nice! Congrats! It sounds like everything is finally falling into place for you!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
very nice!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Looks great Jeff!! Congrats!! I guess you worked the dog pretty hard!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Wow! Looks really awesome .... wishing you the best in your new home. (This thread did make me feel very,very lazy at times ...holy crap you guys worked hard on it!!!)

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Yeah, poor George (the Great Dane) was beat after the day as it was a hot day and big dogs don't do well in the heat. Poor would not lay down all day and then we finally got him to lay there in front of the fireplace when the air was turned on and he pretty much has made that his home!

We actually got the boat in the water for a little bit on Sunday at Portage Lakes. It felt good to take a little down time and swim a bit and Josh absolutely loved it as he has taken to jumping off the platform now....ok it is more of a falling off but it resembles a jump!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
Wow! Looks really awesome .... wishing you the best in your new home. (This thread did make me feel very,very lazy at times ...holy crap you guys worked hard on it!!!)
The work is just getting ready top start...wait till you see the next round with the outdoor stuff! Josh and I move about 40 ton of 57 limestone yesterday evening as we started top coating the drive and we have 160 ton of recycled asphalt coming in starting tomorrow so we will have some serious seat time in the skidsteer!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Yeah, poor George (the Great Dane) was beat after the day as it was a hot day and big dogs don't do well in the heat. Poor would not lay down all day and then we finally got him to lay there in front of the fireplace when the air was turned on and he pretty much has made that his home!

We actually got the boat in the water for a little bit on Sunday at Portage Lakes. It felt good to take a little down time and swim a bit and Josh absolutely loved it as he has taken to jumping off the platform now....ok it is more of a falling off but it resembles a jump!
Glad to hear you got my boat out!! How's she running??

Cant wait to hang with you guys soon and watch Josh tumble. Any plans to be up there on July 5th, and hanging with Marky Mark for the fireworks?

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
looks simply amazing Jeff. You have alot to be proud of. Under 7 months from ground breaking to moving in is impressive as well. Especially considering you did all the outdoor work right in the depth of winter!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM
MC Devotee

6/28/2013 Update: Poor man's asphalt driveway!

After considering all of my options for top coating my drive and looking at the costs, I found a local company who was getting rid of recycled asphalt grindings from a road they took up and decided to go that route. So 160 ton of material, my skidder and a rented vibrating roller got the job done. The trucks were able to tailgate about 70% of the drive and then I just had to grade it all and then compact/roll it in. Turned out pretty good for a guy who had never done this type of thing before so now we will see how it holds up. I plan to rent a roller again sometime in July or August when the weather is really hot and dry just to pack it down one more time and will probably need to get another truckload or 2 at that time to fill in spots that have settled, etc., but for now the drive is pretty smooth and looks good.
Will try to post some pics later.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
After considering all of my options for top coating my drive and looking at the costs, I found a local company who was getting rid of recycled asphalt grindings from a road they took up and decided to go that route. So 160 ton of material, my skidder and a rented vibrating roller got the job done. The trucks were able to tailgate about 70% of the drive and then I just had to grade it all and then compact/roll it in. Turned out pretty good for a guy who had never done this type of thing before so now we will see how it holds up. I plan to rent a roller again sometime in July or August when the weather is really hot and dry just to pack it down one more time and will probably need to get another truckload or 2 at that time to fill in spots that have settled, etc., but for now the drive is pretty smooth and looks good.
Will try to post some pics later.
Interested in seeing the results....my driveway is similar in length

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843