Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
6/19/2013 Update: The house is clean!

Well, I got the shower door installed and thanks to the hard work of my wife and some family members we now have the entire house cleaned. Today starts touch-up painting and the carpet gets installed tomorrow (Thursday).
I brought the fridge and stove back yesterday and put them in place, so now all of the appliances are in with the exception of the washer and dryer which are the only appliances we are moving over from the current house.

So, the big move is Saturday but we already have most of the kitchen stuff in the new cabinets and the we are taking loads over every day so we really "should" only have the big stuff to move come Saturday (pool table, washer, dryer, bedroom furniture and furniture in general). Once we are in it will be time to top-off the driveway and then paint the inside of the garage (planning to spray it).

I will post some new pics after the carpet goes in.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1984 Skier, 351, Powerslot
Great. It has been fun following your progress. Looks like it is all coming together. A lot of work!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM
MC Devotee

It has been a lot of work but I have to say that it has been a great experience thanks in large part to our choice of contractor. We had a guy who did exactly what he said he was going to do when he said he would do it and really did a great job of communicating.

So, I have always had 2 lists going....List 1 for the work that needs to be done to get into the house, which is now pretty much all check-off and List 2 for the work that comes after the move-in....that one seems to grow each day! The real work is about to begin with deck building and landscaping!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
It has been a lot of work but I have to say that it has been a great experience thanks in large part to our choice of contractor. We had a guy who did exactly what he said he was going to do when he said he would do it and really did a great job of communicating.

So, I have always had 2 lists going....List 1 for the work that needs to be done to get into the house, which is now pretty much all check-off and List 2 for the work that comes after the move-in....that one seems to grow each day! The real work is about to begin with deck building and landscaping!!!
The part I've been most excited to see!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM
MC Devotee

6/19/2013 evening Update: Pic of shoer door and mound system

Progress is being made on the septic mound system and should be completed tomorrow (Thursday). Here are a couple of pics for now.
Also, a pic of the glass shower door I installed.....better eat your Wheaties if you plan to install one of these as they are not light!

Carpet goes in tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
So what is the mound system? Doesn't look anything like a septic drain field that we have around here.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 PROSTAR
Basically multiple layers of rocks, gravel, of different sizes . The liquids are pumped to the top then they filtrate through the mound.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Beautiful tile work in the shower!!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 AM
MC Devotee

6/24/13 Update: We are moved in!!!

Well, the project began with the digging of the foundation on December 1st, 2012 and we officially moved in this past Saturday 6/22/13!!! Spent the first night in the new house on the 22nd and it was great.

It was a whirlwind weekend of moving but we got started at 8am and were unloaded by 1pm and drinking beer!!! It was a hot day but we had a lot of help and had moved a good bit of stuff during the week so it went nice and smooth. So, the moving day got capped-off with an offer on our old house and after some negotiating we reached an agreement.....so now all that is left is to pass the inspections, etc. and hopefully we will be done with it!!!

So here are a few pics I took on the morning after the move, so things are still a bit messy but we are getting there!
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
WOW! That is really sweet.