Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-27-2013, 07:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
That looks nice.

We did a similar look in our basement, but with ceramic tile.
I have used the ceramic version in a closet I did for my sister-in-law and it was some really cool stuff. I may look to use this in my basement office as I really do not want to use wood.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
The hardwood flooring is now all done and I have to say that it was much easier than I had expected. They say to allow for at least 10% waste when ordering your flooring and I ended up with 3 full un-opened boxes left, so either my measurement was way off or I made really good use of the material........likely a combo of both! Nonetheless, 3 boxes will be going back which will be a nice little savings that can go towards something else!

So, next up is touch-up paint and cleaning after the drywallers come back on Tuesday and Wednesday. My garage door and carpeting should be in and ready for install by the end of the week and then we should be good to go. We did pass our final plumbing inspection late last week and the final electrical as well as building inspections I would imagine will be late this week, so we are hoping for an occupancy permit before the weekend.
In the meantime, I just need to build a temporary safety railing around my front porch area in order to pass inspection, seeing as how I have not yet built the deck and steps (that will come after we move in).

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend, mine has been productive!
Based on Mother Nature screwing us again, I could have helped you today.... Looks great!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Extra flooring

I would suggest you keep some of that extra flooring. You never know what might happen to your floor in the future where you need a "patch". Now you would have a perfect match.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
great job ... love all the pictures!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 AM
MC Devotee

6/17/2013 Update: Back from vacation and time to move in!

It has been a while so here is the latest. We received our final inspection last Friday while we were away on vacation and now have the all-clear to move in!!! So, the guys will be putting in the septic system this week, an Ohio Mound System, and we will be thoroughly cleaning the inside of the home, doing touch-up painting and moving in next weekend. The plan is to move as much stuff as we can during the week and leave the large stuff for the weekend help. So by this time next week I "should be" living in the new house!

For now, here is a pic of the start of the septic system.

Next up for me after the move-in, is to top the driveway off and build the deck....the driveway will be first as we are having my son's 2 year b-day party the weekend after we move in!
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 SANTE- I know, the deal was too good to pass up.
Congrats on the OK to move in. Thanks for sharing this, it's been fun to see the progress.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
It has been a while so here is the latest. We received our final inspection last Friday while we were away on vacation and now have the all-clear to move in!!! So, the guys will be putting in the septic system this week, an Ohio Mound System, and we will be thoroughly cleaning the inside of the home, doing touch-up painting and moving in next weekend. The plan is to move as much stuff as we can during the week and leave the large stuff for the weekend help. So by this time next week I "should be" living in the new house!

For now, here is a pic of the start of the septic system.

Next up for me after the move-in, is to top the driveway off and build the deck....the driveway will be first as we are having my son's 2 year b-day party the weekend after we move in!
How can you get the all clear if you don't have the septic system in place?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:18 AM
MC Devotee

I should clarify, the septic tanks were installed several weeks ago and the actual mound system is all that remains. That being said, the local health dept. and building inspectors have been issuing occupancy permits so long as the tanks are in, due to the fact that we have had some pretty wet conditions in our area. The contractors can not install the mound systems, etc. when the ground is saturated so they are all way behind on their work and from what I was told, the building/health inspectors took sympathy on the weather situation and helped these guys out by allowing the process to move forward and work to be done as weather permits. So, the only real risk that is truly posed is if I were to fill the tanks, which would take quite a while.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
I got to ask.....did you need your well (and any filtering system) in place in order to get your certificate of occupancy?

I have a water filtration person telling me I need the certificate before installing the filtration system. Seems backwards that I can get a certificate without running water in the house?!?

1994 205, LT1
Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 PM
MC Devotee

I needed to have my well in place and water tested prior to final occupancy cert being issued. The thing I find funny/strange is that you have to get a perc test done for septic approval before you can ever begin construction as it will determine where your house can go on a piece of property, however, you do not need to drill for water until the house is nearly done....but if you do not hit water you can not live in the house! Granted you can always have tanks brought in and simply have water delivered but it always seemed a little odd to me the way it works locally.
Hope this helps.