Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Looking good! I am working on a basement project and it is hard enough. I can't imagine a whole house!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
looking great .. cant believe how fast its going

enjoy .. these are great times for your!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
3/18/2013 Update: All interior painting is done now time for stain.

All of the interio painting is done and I have to say that if I never paint another dark accent wall in my life, I will be a happy man! It took 5 coats of paint to get a really good cover on the dining room accent wall and that was with colored primer as a base....but it does look cool!

Finished putting the second coat on all of the painted trim last night and so now it is time to move on to the staining, which fortunately, there is not as much of.....I think!

I plan to get the tile floors started this week as well so that the finish carpenter can simply put the trim down and I do not have to work around it. The stone work is coming along, although our weather this weeks does not look conducive to outdoor work.

Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
All of the interio painting is done and I have to say that if I never paint another dark accent wall in my life, I will be a happy man! It took 5 coats of paint to get a really good cover on the dining room accent wall and that was with colored primer as a base....but it does look cool!

Finished putting the second coat on all of the painted trim last night and so now it is time to move on to the staining, which fortunately, there is not as much of.....I think!

I plan to get the tile floors started this week as well so that the finish carpenter can simply put the trim down and I do not have to work around it. The stone work is coming along, although our weather this weeks does not look conducive to outdoor work.

Enjoy.
Looks great!! You and your wife's color choices are similar to my nieces. Lots of variations and some darker. First thought is WHAT? But it looks good!

This from a guy who grew up in a house with green living room walls, three brown walls and one red wall in the dining room...

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM
MC Devotee

Wish I could take credit for the colors but I am colorblind and therefore my opinion does not factor in! This really comes in handy as I simply have my wife pick the colors, mark where it goes on the can and I just paint!!!

That being said, everyone who has seen the house so far has complimented her on the color choices as well as the choices she made for tile (which I will get photo's of after I get it on the floor!)
Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Looking good! Our house took 10 months, so you're moving along fast!

It was well worth it......next one has to be on a lake though!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:07 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Looking great. I'm going with a similar door. Two panel Roman top, but I'm not doing the t&g look. (I do have that on my 2 main entry doors.)

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 AM
MC Devotee

3/25/13 Update: Tile floors are going down.

With the whole house painted and while we are still working on staining the trim work, I decided to start tiling the floors that get tile as to get it done before the trim carpenter sets the baseboards. So, with some help from fellow TT member Mgboyd, who was itching to learn some new tiling skills, the project began. We put in some long evenings but all of the floor tile is now down (master bath, upstairs bath, back hallway/half bath/laundry room).
We used ceramic in the upstairs bath and porcelain everywhere else and went with a fairly simple angled/off-set pattern. We will have to wait for grouting until we have water in the house but at least all of the floor tile is down. Now time to move onto the master shower and the bath surround!

If anyone needs a good tile person I think Mgboyd now has the skills to pull it off!!!

Here are a few pics of the work, I will get a pic of the finished master floor later today.

So, up next, besides the shower and bath tile, the trim carpenter arrives on Wednesday with the steps and railing to start his work. It is supposed to take him 2 weeks to get all of the doors hung, trim up, kitchen and bath cabinets installed, etc.. After that we move on to the hardwood floors!
Things are getting closer to completion......at least on the inside as we still have nothing but mud outside!
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Nice work on the tile setting
Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Looking fantastic!

I am always amazed at how quickly stuff goes together in other parts of the country. I don't know if we have crappy subs, crappy GC's or crappy inspectors, but a similar house here would take no less than 10-12 months to be at this stage.