Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 AM

Boat: 06 X30
I just want to sit in that tub with a cold beer and look out at the snow and stars one night. Can I rent a room?

Nice place for sure!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Drywall sure goes up fast! I don't know if it is the crew we have or if drywall always goes up this fast but I took the guys doughnuts at 7am yesterday morning and was back at the house for a meeting at 4pm only to find that they are about 80% done with the inside of the house! Truly an amazing transformation as the rooms really took shape today....and it is a little harder to get good picture angles now!
So, they will finish-up today and the finish guys start on Monday!

Enjoy.
I noticed in the shower area you didn't frame for a shampoo nook. Nows the time BEFORE you start tiling. Here's one I just completed, just for an idea.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I never looked into the fancy under deck systems as someone told me it was expensive and my dad confirmed after research.

We used metal roofing upside down (many colors, mine matches the trim on the house). I made a lattice of treated 2x2's to give it pitch. Then ran it all to a gutter on the steel beam supporting my deck. Very happy. Paid itself off when I drank my first cold beverage under it in the rain.

Great thread BTW, looks like fun.
I did the same thing. Didn't even know the under deck systems existed, maybe they didn't 13 years ago when I built. The most time consuming part was ripping some strips to provide pitch.

House is looking great jkski!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
jk,
if that tub is jetted, think about access to the pump. If it's on the main floor, then cut out the sub flooring where needed to access from the basement (if the basement will have a tile drop ceiling) otherwise, think about a removable panel in the front of the tub if it's upstairs or you dont want a ceiling hatch below.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
jk,
if that tub is jetted, think about access to the pump. If it's on the main floor, then cut out the sub flooring where needed to access from the basement (if the basement will have a tile drop ceiling) otherwise, think about a removable panel in the front of the tub if it's upstairs or you dont want a ceiling hatch below.
I'd be willing to bet, if its a jetted tub, then CODE is gonna make him put an access panel near the motor. At least here in Ga. its code.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
I'd be willing to bet, if its a jetted tub, then CODE is gonna make him put an access panel near the motor. At least here in Ga. its code.
Just got home from a couple of days away in the UP of Michigan playing in the snow and have to say it sure was nice getting away!

You are correct. When I tile the deck area around the tub, I plan to leave the side facing out as a combo of tile and wood panels (likely I will utilize the same doors that will be on my vanity) to alow the access. If the inspector is having a bad day and takes issue with this I can put a simple access panel in the toilet room as it shares a common wall with where the motor is and would allow for simple access.

With regards to the shampoo nook, I have not yet installed it. I am using a floor pan and nook that are pre-formed from a company named Tile-Redi....really cool stuff if you have never seen it before but not cheap. The products allow you to simply tile right over their surface and the floor pan already has the slop created and an adjustable drain. I will take a couple of pics of the product when I am back out at the house this week.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Just got home from a couple of days away in the UP of Michigan playing in the snow and have to say it sure was nice getting away!

You are correct. When I tile the deck area around the tub, I plan to leave the side facing out as a combo of tile and wood panels (likely I will utilize the same doors that will be on my vanity) to alow the access. If the inspector is having a bad day and takes issue with this I can put a simple access panel in the toilet room as it shares a common wall with where the motor is and would allow for simple access.

With regards to the shampoo nook, I have not yet installed it. I am using a floor pan and nook that are pre-formed from a company named Tile-Redi....really cool stuff if you have never seen it before but not cheap. The products allow you to simply tile right over their surface and the floor pan already has the slop created and an adjustable drain. I will take a couple of pics of the product when I am back out at the house this week.
You've done your homework! I like that! Wish all MY clients did that!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
3/6/2013 Update: Let the painting begin!

The drywallers finished up yesterday and today begins the cleanup to prep for paint. All of the colors are picked and I anticipate starting to prime on Saturday with all painting completed by the end of next week. I will get a few pics before we start adding color to the walls.
The siding is still a work in progress as they only have the greatroom wall to complete, granted that is also the most difficult. Once that is all done they can hang the gutters.
Hoping that we can hit a dry patch with weather so that I can get a good rough grade on the property....depending on how quickly the painting goes I will likely put the skidsteer to work and see what kind of damage I can do, although I suspect it will remain wet for a while and I may just bury the thing but we will see and I am sure you guys will enjoy a few pics of a burried machine! (not like I don't have experience with this already during this project!)

Finish carpenter is scheduled to begin on the 25th so somewhere in there I will start the tile and hardwood. At this point I suspect we will be moving in sometime in early May.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2004, Yellow
YEEE HAWW JKSKI
Im ready to do tile and Countertops!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Sounds like the house is progressing very well. Be ready to call the drywall guys back after you prime. It's hard to see the defects before you prime.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S