Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Just did this last night for a parking lot fir a party I am having tomorrow. A bit soft when I plowed it last night but hard as a rock now.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
I wish I could do that but the ground is way to soft as we really have not had a good freeze. While it may firm up enough for a 3/4 ton truck to roll over it, the problem comes when the 80+ ton dumps and various delivery trucks roll in. With a warm-up coming in next week, we are going to finally move the dirt around and try to shore up the perm drive!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
1/4/13 Update: The Amish work fast.

Well, they had a small crew there today and made major strides. They plan to have 2 framing crews there starting Monday and with the looks of things I have to think they will hit the target of being done by the end of next week. The garage walls are up, floor is down and most of the first floor walls are already built, just waiting to be stood up and knocked-in on Monday.
This weekend will be a major clean-up weekend of all the scrap's, etc., but I am looking forward to it!
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Well, they had a small crew there today and made major strides. They plan to have 2 framing crews there starting Monday and with the looks of things I have to think they will hit the target of being done by the end of next week. The garage walls are up, floor is down and most of the first floor walls are already built, just waiting to be stood up and knocked-in on Monday.
This weekend will be a major clean-up weekend of all the scrap's, etc., but I am looking forward to it!
Looking good sir. Are you going to Tyvec and Insulate the garage as well?? I would and did in my house and thank god. I planned to heat it so I had it fully insulated.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Looking good sir. Are you going to Tyvec and Insulate the garage as well?? I would and did in my house and thank god. I planned to heat it so I had it fully insulated.
Yes, what DD said. Don't save the 500 bucks and skip the garage. Mine is insulated and stays 45-50 degrees in the winter (as long as the kids don't leave the door open). A good investment for sure until you get the pole barn built out back.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Also, put at minimum poly moisture barrier under the garage floor.....the 1 thing I forgot before all the flatwork got done . With the basement as living space go poly and 1" foam board....I see you did foam board on the outside walls. That plus the under floor foam board plus a sub slab ventilator (radon system sucking air out the drain tile) will make your basement warm and dry.

Keep the pics coming or at least keep taking em and post when you are done....I got so busy when I started all the DIY sub work on mine that my posts stopped at framing and the next it was almost done

What are you doing for htg and cooling?

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
MC Maniac

Btw....I absolutely love your property!!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Maniac

Ok.....one other simple lesson learned....

Garage floor sawcut joints not troweled. Sawcut, you can lay a bead of concrete calk in and they don't fill up w dirt. Also, if you use casters to move your plow around, they won't hang up in the trowled joints like mine do

Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Do you have a thread on this project?
No, no build thread as this is a "marathon" build!!

Every time we start something it just keeps getting more expensive. Just has a $20k sheetrock/texture bid 2 months ago. Called him up a few days ago and apparently sheetrock prices have gone up so need to add another $1100 to the bid. Things like this happen all the time!

It will be a nice house but just expensive!
Attached Images

1994 205, LT1
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Ok.....one other simple lesson learned....

Garage floor sawcut joints not troweled. Sawcut, you can lay a bead of concrete calk in and they don't fill up w dirt. Also, if you use casters to move your plow around, they won't hang up in the trowled joints like mine do

I wish I had been there for this part but it's not that hard to caulk, anyway. It sure takes more tubes of it, though- urethane isn't cheap.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I wish I had been there for this part but it's not that hard to caulk, anyway. It sure takes more tubes of it, though- urethane isn't cheap.
Yeah, there was some swearing going on as the whole thing slid off of one of the casters....

Actually thinking of cleaning all the joints and then mixing some polymer modified mortar and filling 'em with that....the joints are huge.