Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 04-09-2017, 07:40 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 86' prostar
1986 Prostar 190 Rebuild

New to the forum.

My last mastercraft I was involved in was a 1999 230 VRS that my wife bought, that I took care of. When we moved to the beach, I couldn't bare to bring it to the salt water, so we sold it.
Fast forward 10 years...we've been skiing our friend's 1978 ski nautique the last few years. Which he bought new in Montgomery, AL. This past year, our family was coming back from the Gatlinburg area after doing Christmas there, we saw this old MasterCraft with a "for sale" sign on it, and bought it. Turns out, that the guy I bought it from had had it in his shop for 10 years. He had traded for it in another deal, meaning he knew nothing about the boat. He had an engine block rebuilt and attached the existing transmission to it, and never put the boat back together. I have waited until today, to post, because I wasn't sure if the motor was legit or not. We put the necessities together to start it today, and it ran beautifully. Motor sounds a little juiced up, but we will have to get her in the water to know for sure.
When we purchased the boat, it had a big gouge on the starboard side from improper trailering. We removed the engine, everything else was in the bilge. No parts were attched. We flipped the boat over, did fiberglass repair, prepped and painted it with Awlcraft. We flipped it back over, and used BLP MO-POXY for the bilge, and exposed glass, etc. Replaced the engine, hooked up the old wiring harness, made a few repairs, and cranked her today. You gotta love a Holly Four Barrell Carburetor!
To this point, I have only purchased supplies and paint, minus the transmission coupler, which was missing. I found the coupler from a machine shop in Wisconsin. The guy knew more about the shaft and trans than I did, and I had the original parts in my hands. Now we are starting on the hard part: making her pretty. The drivers seat, its base, and the base for the forward passenger corner seat is all I have for building back all of the seating and upholstery. We live in Orange Beach, Al, which is the home of the multi-million dollar sport fisher. My neighbor, who owns an upholstery shop, will help me do what he can to help me put this back together, but he is not really motivated, unless forced to, to make the pieces necessary to make this boat complete. I would love to buy a complete similar white driver seat, that he can break apart, and put the piping and blue striping canvas pattern on. Also, I forgot to mention, I have the motor cover, but the upholstery on it is basically non-existent, just like the seat. We can build the coming pads and a rear seat from scratch if necessary, but we would love to locate an upholstery shop that has the original Master Craft patterns for this boat, and buy a complete skin set.
We also need to locate a full decal kit, which I call the "rainbow" decal kit, not the common Stars and Stripes.
All of the original black metal pieces are due back from the powder coating shop this week. I will post pictures when the windshield is reinstalled. Still looking for all of the taylormade weather striping pieces to reinstall glass, if anyone knows a source...

I appreciate any help
Thanks
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2017, 07:23 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft x-Star 2001
2001 Xstar graphic

Hi All,

I am doing some work to my 2001 xStar that will involve removing the large side decal. Does anyone know where I can get replacements, or have a image I can get printed locally? I have looked all over the net, this forum and the dropbox site and cant find this version of this image anywhere.

I live in New Zealand so a little tricky to get MC parts over here.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:30 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURSTY View Post
Hi All,

I am doing some work to my 2001 xStar that will involve removing the large side decal. Does anyone know where I can get replacements, or have a image I can get printed locally? I have looked all over the net, this forum and the dropbox site and cant find this version of this image anywhere.

I live in New Zealand so a little tricky to get MC parts over here.

go to a good vinyl shop they should be able to recreate.... print on good vinyl and have it laminated.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:42 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar205 1992 351 Windsor
The blue decals are perfect for my boat. Mike how do we go about this. I would like to see the Dropbox files. Please advise..

Daniel moore
Old 06-17-2017, 06:21 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 207 197 TT
I have a 2007 197 TT and I'm looking for someone to replace my entire boat decals. I boat a set online and am looking for a place that can remove the old and install the new. Bob
Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, xstar,06, indmar
Craziness

Ok I just talked to mastercraft and they said they could still sell me the 06 tribal xstar graphix but said I had to go through the dealership. I thought to myself woohoo. So I called the dealership and my mind was blown. Quote $15000. No that is not a typo $15k not $1500.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
I will sell you a full set for $14599.00

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1
Old 06-24-2017, 01:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, xstar,06, indmar
w

oh thanks for the discount. but do you have one?
Old 06-25-2017, 07:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Nope as shocked as you are at the price. Usually eBay is littered with xstar graphics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1
Old 06-26-2017, 12:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 X2, GSA, Plug & Play Ballast
Best place to purchase the yellow raised X2 decal for the blocked style X2s ('06) as well as the silver raised MasterCraft transom decal????

TIA!!!