Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlanguab View Post
I thought some of you may appreciate this:

http://jalopnik.com/5959822/i-love-y...e-plastic-hell
LOL

So true about HF. The place is a chit hound, definately has its own smell, and the tool that you bought will maybe last through one and only one DIY project. I have friends who buy HF bull chit tools and it makes me laugh just knowing that the tool will last 5 minutes yet they are so proud to be a tool man.

I will say that I have bought items from this crappy store. For the most part they are tools that I take home and use a cut off wheel or a bench grinder on to make a 1 use only special tool. I refuse to cut, weld, grind on my snap-on tools.

While I love my snap-on tools, the craftsman & kolbalt tools seem to be a great value for the dollar for the general public non industry worker. Kolbalt tools are not made by snap-on but their wrenches are almost the same style and feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-24-2012, 01:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Here is a funny story. I sold a parts car after I was done with it for scrap price. It rolled, but barely. This "Junk Yard Dog" came out and used a winch to put it on his flat bed. He couldn't shut his truck off because "it might not start again". His winch was so small and the gear needed hammered back in place several times during the event. My cul-de-sac was filled with smoke from his carbon monixide spewing truck. It took 1/2 hour for his POS winch from Harbor to get the small (240Z) car on his trailer. I swear we could have pushed it on with another neighbor or two. He pulled away and had no lights on his trailer. My neighbor still jokes with me about our CO2 levels still being elevated because of that "damn Harbor Freight" winch wouldn't make any headway and get him on his way.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
I wouldn't buy most everyday use tools there but when I need an obscure tool for a few uses or something light duty, I will buy it there.....not a bad place to buy some of your typical consumable materials either...

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 83 Stars and Stripes
I price harbor freight against rental tools. If they last more than one job I win! Built my duck boat with HF electric planer and air sander. Both were the same price to rent. Still have both and work fine.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Here is a funny story. I sold a parts car after I was done with it for scrap price. It rolled, but barely. This "Junk Yard Dog" came out and used a winch to put it on his flat bed. He couldn't shut his truck off because "it might not start again". His winch was so small and the gear needed hammered back in place several times during the event. My cul-de-sac was filled with smoke from his carbon monixide spewing truck. It took 1/2 hour for his POS winch from Harbor to get the small (240Z) car on his trailer. I swear we could have pushed it on with another neighbor or two. He pulled away and had no lights on his trailer. My neighbor still jokes with me about our CO2 levels still being elevated because of that "damn Harbor Freight" winch wouldn't make any headway and get him on his way.
Didja think that, maybe, he bought the cheapest one he could afford and it was for lighter duty than he needed? They come in all sizes, even at H-F. Did you look at the rating or how it was wired? If the truck might not have started, what makes you think he wired the winch correctly?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-Star
I love the plastic wrapped oil covered tools from there I guess there Chinese Luke warm metal rusts easily lol