Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I just got a chance of a lifetime dropped in my lap this morning ... my bro in law leases out about 50,000+/- acres low fence free range up in the TX panhandle and then subleases out and guides hunters for high $$$ for monster TX whitetails & Muleys (b/c 160"<). The first couple of weeks of season were extremely hot and not all the hunters took a deer, leaving a couple of whitetail tags open that he offered for my son, son in law and I to go up and hunt between Christmas & New Years for free in exchange for us helping him load and haul stuff back. I have always wanted to hunt up there for a wall hanger monster but couldn't justify the $$$ with all my other hobbies (and my current central TX lease). I am stoked if we can get the group planned out around the other activities during the holidays...
Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
good deer management late afternoon yesterday ... my son and i took two more nice does ... we had over a dozen in the food plots all around us ... they are both xmas presents for friends ... off to the garage to start butchering
Old 12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
Before I got my 9 pt, I botched a 25 yd shot on a heavy, tall 8 pt. I saw it two more times, but never closer than 50 yards. A friend of a friend got it during shotgun season, probably 200 yards from my spot. It scored 166".
Old 12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Before I got my 9 pt, I botched a 25 yd shot on a heavy, tall 8 pt. I saw it two more times, but never closer than 50 yards. A friend of a friend got it during shotgun season, probably 200 yards from my spot. It scored 166".
wow ... 166 is a great deer ... got a picture to share?

sort of sad ... just butchered my last deer of the season ... now i have to wait until next october!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I know there are some deer hunters out there ... let's see your photos so far this year .... Ski/Hunt shared one a few fridays ago

Here is Bruce's (14) buck from last evening .... he was in a tree stand in an open field of food plots ... he saw him walk out about 200+ yards then waited (patiently) for 30 minutes until he was 125 yards ... one shot from the Weatherby 240 mag loaded with 85 gr Barnes Triple Shock bullets dropped him in his tracks!

Needless to say it was a great day. Bruce passed a slightly smaller buck in the morning ... good hunter ...
Ha! We can show pics of dead animals, but not ones of plus sized 'models & girlfriends' in bikinis. I don't get it.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Simple, the deer are not wearing Bikinis. duh
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 96 PS205
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Simple, the deer are not wearing Bikinis. duh
If deer wore bikinis then when I'm hunting it would be "a perfect world"!!!

2yourlake---shooting doe's is true hunting in my book!! They are whitetail and have that great nose like any buck--- I think they are even sharper, cause they have to raise young ones and keep themselves out of trouble---bucks only have to worry about themselves...I'd rather eat a doe any day. Some great deer in this thread!! I hope to get one more chance in the woods this season, then it's on to waiting on turkey season!! And what follows spring turkey??? BOATING season!!!!!!! :-)

Dog I don't get it either!! I mean she wasn't that bad!??!??? I mean mike205 must love her!??!?? since he wants to keep her all to himself.....:-)
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski/hunt View Post
If deer wore bikinis then when I'm hunting it would be "a perfect world"!!!

2yourlake---shooting doe's is true hunting in my book!! They are whitetail and have that great nose like any buck--- I think they are even sharper, cause they have to raise young ones and keep themselves out of trouble---bucks only have to worry about themselves...I'd rather eat a doe any day. Some great deer in this thread!! I hope to get one more chance in the woods this season, then it's on to waiting on turkey season!! And what follows spring turkey??? BOATING season!!!!!!! :-)

Dog I don't get it either!! I mean she wasn't that bad!??!??? I mean mike205 must love her!??!?? since he wants to keep her all to himself.....:-)

She's actually on her way to his house as we speak. He got pretty jealous when he found out that Kyle was popping the stinger to her too! No wonder he deleted her pic TWICE! He needs to learn to control his feelings!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Way off topic!!! But skidog your avatar is killing me! From something so good to someone else's girlfriend!

Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Way off topic!!! But skidog your avatar is killing me! From something so good to someone else's girlfriend!

Tapatalk
dont knock it till ya tried it - ask kyle

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...