Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 05:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Hence, my point made by someone that is not into NASCAR.
If she started racing in NHRA, I might start paying more attention to her racing skills....but for now she is just good eye candy.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Since no one can decide if Danica has driving skills or not, just move her over to the Swimsuit Thread.

She can easily take the pole position there ? oops, no puns ?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Tim you have to hold yourself to a higher standard than anyone else. You cant get away with what skidog and others can say. Basically you set a higher standard than anyone prior and have to uphold it. If you dont your credibility disappears. This is not a personal attack. But you police this site like nobody ever has and border on hypocritical with recent posts.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:59 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Tim you have to hold yourself to a higher standard than anyone else. You cant get away with what skidog and others can say. Basically you set a higher standard than anyone prior and have to uphold it. If you dont your credibility disappears. This is not a personal attack. But you police this site like nobody ever has and border on hypocritical with recent posts.
Which is why I gave up being a mod about a week ago. It wasn't worth the time and effort to be the only one enforcing the rules. These rules that were in place long before I got here. They weren't my rules. They are the rules as posted on TT. When given a task I always do the task that was given. I don't do it half heartily or subjectively. I did what I was ask to do and tried to do it without pissing people off. It was never personal, all though some users surely wanted it to be.

I'll agree with you on that one. But more so because it seems that no one enforced the rules that were post.

So you could say, I tossed myself under the bus and now I can skidog it up all day long.

Last edited by CantRepeat; 11-21-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Which is why I gave up being a mod about a week ago. It wasn't worth the time and effort to be the only one enforcing the rules. These rules that were in place long before I got here. They weren't my rules. They are the rules as posted on TT. When given a task I always do the task that was given. I don't do it half heartily or subjectively. I did what I was ask to do and tried to do it without pissing people off. It was never personal, all though some users surely wanted it to be.

I'll agree with you on that one. But more so because it seems that no one enforced the rules that were post.

So you could say, I tossed myself under the bus and now I can skidog it up all day long.
Tim, I didn't know you gave up the reigns as a mod. Enforcing any set of rules is extremely subjective. As a mod I have never once been given directive on how to enforce. And I have reached out to ask on several occasions. So I took it upon myself to look at past history as the site has been up for many years and I have only been a mod for a few years. I took past precedent and used that as my guideline. If I enforced the site rules literally, I'd run everyone off the site. (As #1 tried to do) Ultimately a mod here is held to a different standard than anyone else here (my opinion backed up with history). Given that you have resigned as a mod I retract my recent statements. Speak your mind. I love this site and the people here past and present and appreciate all the knowledge, info, and friendships that I have gained here.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Wow, this thread feels a lot like WW...
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I love this site and the people here past and present and appreciate all the knowledge, info, and friendships that I have gained here.
Which is why I'm still here.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Maristar 200
And now on to other things....any more pictures of Danica?? I really have no interest in her driving skills, sponsors or anything else NASCAR for that matter.

Pass the turkey....
Old 11-22-2012, 09:00 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
tbh, if she every won a race someone might start to give a fu-- about her or her life. Grow some boobs or something would ya. If she didn't have a bush non of the sponsors would give her the time of day. I'm pretty sure she's gonna turn up butch.
I have to disagee with you on this one. As long time NASCAR fan (I attend 6-8 races a year and haven't missed a Daytona 500 since 1969) I can tell you that it takes a lot of tallent to drive a 3400lb car at 200 MPH with 42 other drivers all trying to pass you.
She is also the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500.

I'll agree that Danica has a sponsor because she's a good looking woman - Sex sells in America no matter what sport is (Remember Anna Kournikova). But it won't last long if she doesn't perform. She finished 10th in the Nationwide Series the best ever for a woman in any NASCAR series. She also had 4 top 10 finishes this year after Dale Jr. changed her crew chief. I truly believe that she would have finished higher in the points if she hadn't been intentionally wrecked out on several occations.

Next year she moves full time into the Sprint Cup Series with Stewart-Haas Racing. Believe me Tony Stewart wouldn't hire her if he didn't believe she had tallent.

I can name several other drivers that only have a ride because they have a sponsor and they don't have near the tallent that Danica has. She's good for NASCAR and I hope I'm at the track when she gets her first win.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:50 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
I have to agree, Danica is a promoters dream, a decent driver and great looks. As long as she finishes decently, doesn't upset too many other drivers on the track and keeps her cool (which she does have a problem with at times) she will do fine.
I found it interesting that at the restrictor plate tracks where tandem racing is common how many big names teamed up with her and went to the front. (But the again Jr. And smoke have a vested interest in her.)

There is one female driver in the IRL that I believe is even better than Danica. Simona de Silvestro. The last couple of seasons have been tough for her because she has been driving second rate equipment. What doesn't she have first rate equipment like Danica? She has the cute factor, not the hot factor that Danica has.