Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '07 X-STAR
Get a fountain. A buddy of mine has a 32' and I wouldn't go any smaller. Big enough to handle the water but still requires a good driver at WOT. The perfect boat IMO is a 35' with staggered 525s. 100+ mph all day with no problems. I'm not a fan of the single engine but I haven't been in one either.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMF007 View Post
Get a fountain. A buddy of mine has a 32' and I wouldn't go any smaller. Big enough to handle the water but still requires a good driver at WOT. The perfect boat IMO is a 35' with staggered 525s. 100+ mph all day with no problems. I'm not a fan of the single engine but I haven't been in one either.
You are thinking like I am.

I want the 35' and I know I can buy a real nice one for around 55k. I would love staggered but affordability I probably will have the standard side by side. 32's are about the same price but not as demanding as far as resale.

I'm thinking procharger on factory 502 mags that will run 90 all day. Get in around 55k and have the single step hull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
In talking to your girlfriend the other day, she said that the reason you wanted a boat like that was you were trying to make up for some shortcomings. Idunno.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
In talking to your girlfriend the other day, she said that the reason you wanted a boat like that was you were trying to make up for some shortcomings. Idunno.
You must have been talking to my angry ex who wants me back and I want nothing to do with her......

Be a nice puppy or I will not be sharing any new gf pics on DS

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
You must have been talking to my angry ex who wants me back and I want nothing to do with her......

Be a nice puppy or I will not be sharing any new gf pics on DS
Get on it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMF007 View Post
The perfect boat IMO is a 35' with staggered 525s. 100+ mph all day with no problems.
I think the 525's are a blown 454 running 5# of boost.

I'm thinking the 502's with prochargers or whipples would be just fine. Run 5-7# boost change from 1.5 to 1.36 b1 or XR drives and some lab props and I should have an efficient 90+ boat.

I mainly want a reliable boat not necessarily the fastest. Fast means maintenance and lots of $$$$$$.

I'm planning on speaking to a friend with a 35 about how hard maintenance is with standard side by sides. I'm sure there is just tons of room and everything is accessible. Lol

Main purpose is to have a hot rod. I'm no way responsible enough to have a sports car. My ex has a 2012 camaro SS and I drove it over 150. I used to have a ws6 and I had it 180+.

I want a safe toy and a car will not be safe for me. The same goes for a street bike. Have been well over 130 on a Ducati and don't know when I shut it down. I quit watching speedo at 130 and my bike experience is let's say non existent. Rode a few dirt bikes then rode a friends Honda cruiser for a few times and tried a Ducati out because it seemed cool.

A cool boat that runs 90 will be fun and keep me alive. My fear is like I mentioned above. Will it become ghey after about 2 trips out like a jet ski would. Fast for a while and then sitting there doing nothing doesn't seem like loads of fun after a while.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 07:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I think the 525's are a blown 454 running 5# of boost.

I'm thinking the 502's with prochargers or whipples would be just fine. Run 5-7# boost change from 1.5 to 1.36 b1 or XR drives and some lab props and I should have an efficient 90+ boat.

I mainly want a reliable boat not necessarily the fastest. Fast means maintenance and lots of $$$$$$.

I'm planning on speaking to a friend with a 35 about how hard maintenance is with standard side by sides. I'm sure there is just tons of room and everything is accessible. Lol

Main purpose is to have a hot rod. I'm no way responsible enough to have a sports car. My ex has a 2012 camaro SS and I drove it over 150. I used to have a ws6 and I had it 180+.

I want a safe toy and a car will not be safe for me. The same goes for a street bike. Have been well over 130 on a Ducati and don't know when I shut it down. I quit watching speedo at 130 and my bike experience is let's say non existent. Rode a few dirt bikes then rode a friends Honda cruiser for a few times and tried a Ducati out because it seemed cool.

A cool boat that runs 90 will be fun and keep me alive. My fear is like I mentioned above. Will it become ghey after about 2 trips out like a jet ski would. Fast for a while and then sitting there doing nothing doesn't seem like loads of fun after a while.
I would say do it, my boss has several boats all depending on his mood, 42 (maybe a 38) fountain twin BBC, some kind of 38ft maybe longer cataraman thats turbine powered (his bad boy), he uses the fountain mostly at lake travis, the cat and fountain he uses for his poker runs out of key west, mastercrafts and nautiques. Of course he is a multimillionaire and has lots of toys other than boats...
Attached Images

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 11-19-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
looks like fun... better hurry 12-21 comin' soon. As for river rat you could start ski racing...
Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X45 and 89 barefoot 190
http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/boa/3375928662.html

Found this while searching for a youth atv. I think it should work but 15yrs old and 80K. I think you will need a bigger truck.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff shelton View Post
http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/boa/3375928662.html

Found this while searching for a youth atv. I think it should work but 15yrs old and 80K. I think you will need a bigger truck.

I think I just figured out how a douchebag writes a description

ALL CAPS AND ONE PARAGRAPH

I HAVE DECIDED TO SELL ONE OF MY TOYS. WITH THREE BOATS IN THE STABLE AND A NEWBORN ON THE WAY, I HAVE DECIDED TO CUT THIS ONE FROM THE HERD. THIS BOAT HAS BEEN WELL CARED FOR. I HAVE ONLY OWNED IT FOR ONE SEASON. SHE HAS ONLY BEEN IN FRESH WATER HER ENTIRE LIFE. AS FAR AS I KNOW, I AM THE THIRD OWNER. THE BOAT WAS PREVIOUSLY OWNED BY A.T.I. ALSO KNOW AS PROCHARGER MARINE. THIS WAS THE COVER STORY IN HOT BOAT MAGAZINE AUG. 2000. I WAS TOLD BY PROCHARGER THAT AT THE TIME IT WAS TESTED BY HOT BOAT AT LAKE HAVASU, THAT IT WAS CONSIDERED TO BE THE FASTEST TWIN ENGINE DEEP V ON PUMP GAS IN THE COUNTRY! I WILL INCLUDE A COPY OF THE MAGAZINE WITH THE SALE. THIS BOAT WAS BUILT FOR RELIABILITY, AND HAS HELD TOGETHER GREAT. THE MAGAZINE COVERS THIS IN GREAT DETAIL. THERE WAS PLENTY MORE POWER TO BE HAD, BUT THE OWNERS WANTED RELIABILITY. THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE WORK DONE ON IT IN THE 261 HRS CURRENTLY SHOWING. I PUT ABOUT 20 ON IT MYSELF ON THE TENNESSEE RIVER, AND THE PREVIOUS OWNER TOLD ME HE PUT ABOUT 15 ON IT THE THREE YEARS HE OWNED IT, AND USED IT IN KANSAS AND ON LAKE OF THE OZARKS. WHEN IT WAS IN THE MAGAZINE, IT TESTED AT 109 MPH ON RADAR. THE ENGINES STARTED LIFE AS 500 HP'S, AND WERE MODIFIED AT SOME POINT EARLY ON. THEY DYNO'D AT 580 HP PRIOR TO ADDING THE M-4 PROCHARGERS AND INTERCOOLERS. AFTER THIS ADDITION, THE DYNO SHOWED 1045 HP AT 6000 RPM'S. THIS INFORMATION STILL APPEARS ON PROCHARGER'S WEBSITE UNDER MARINE TEST RESULTS, AND WAS DOCUMENTED BY HOT BOAT MAGAZINE IN THE ARTICLE. THE CUSTOM MACHINE WORK DONE ON THIS BOAT IS INCREDIBLE. AT THE TIME THE BOAT RAN 109 MPH, IT WAS RUNNING 28P PROPS, AND WAS MAKING 10 ILBS OF BOOST AT 6000 RPMS. TODAY SHE RUNS ON 32P PROPS FOR A MODEST AND SAFE 5100 RPMS PRODUCING AROUND 6 ILBS OF BOOST. THE SPEEDS ARE IN THE LOW TO MID 90 MPH RANGE. THIS MACHINE WILL EFFORTLESSLY CRUISE AT 75 WHILE YOU LISTEN TO YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC, AND IS SO SMOOTH AND QUIET, YOU WILL BE SIPPING YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGE IN 3' CHOP. NOTHING RIDES AND PERFORMS LIKE A FOUNTAIN TWIN STEP HULL. THEIR COLLECTION OF WORLD RECORDS WILL ATTEST TO THAT! SHE RUNS ON 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS WITH NO PROBLEM. THE ENGINES IDLE AT 700 RPM'S, AND ARE READY TO GO WITH NO HESITATION. THE PREVIOUS OWNER STATED THAT THE ENGINES WERE REBUILT PRIOR TO HIS PURCHASE. HE BOUGHT IT WITH ZERO HRS ON THEM AND NEW XR DRIVES. THE BOAT HAS BEEN STORED INSIDE, AND IT SHOWS. THE INTERIOR IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. I'D CALL IT A 9 OUT OF 10. NOTHING NEEDS TO BE REDONE ANY TIME SOON. THE CABIN SHOWS VERY LITTLE USE. THE EXTERIOR OF THE BOAT IS IN GREAT SHAPE ALSO. THERE ARE NO DINGS, CHIPS, OR SCRATCHES. SHE WAS ORIGINALLY AN ALL WHITE BOAT. THE GRAPHICS ARE VINYL AND COULD EASILY BE CHANGED. THERE ARE ONLY A COUPLE VERY SMALL SPOTS WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN RUBBED. ALL OF THE GAUGES FUNCTION PROPERLY EXCEPT THE SPEEDO (WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?), THE OIL TEMP, AND WATER PRESSURE GAUGES. IT APPEARS THAT THE OIL TEMP AND WATER PRESSURE GAUGES HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED WHEN THE INTERCOOLERS WERE ADDED. THE WATER OUTLETS ARE ON THE STARBOARD SIDE OF THE BOAT, AND CAN BE SEEN WHILE SITTING IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT. SO, WATER PRESSURE IS NEVER IN QUESTION. THE BOAT IS EQUIPPED WITH HYDRAULIC POWER BOLSTERS, FRESH WATER SYSTEM, POTTY, TRIM TABS, COCKPIT COVER, HIGH SPEED DIGITAL COMPASS, POWER HATCH, AND IF THIS ISN'T ENOUGH A ROCKIN' STEREO SYSTEM WITH I-POD HOOK UP. THE SYSTEM IS ALL JL AUDIO MARINE SPEAKERS, SUBS, AND AMP. THE BOAT WAS LAST RUN OCTOBER 27TH WITH NO PROBLEM. THE PICTURE OF THE ROOSTER TAIL IS FROM THAT DAY. THE PICTURES OF THE DECK AREA MAY LOOK LIKE THE GRAPHICS ARE FADED, BUT THEY ARE VIBRANT AND SHINY. THERE WAS FROST ON THE BOAT WHEN THE PICS WERE TAKEN THIS MORNING. THE TRAILER IS INCLUDED. THE TRAILER FUNCTIONS WELL. IT TOWS GREAT, BUT NEEDS SOME PAINT AND NEW CARPET. THE BREAKS ARE INOPERABLE. MY CHEVROLET 2500 HAS NO PROBLEM STOPPING IT. THE TIRES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION. WHEN WE USE HER, I HAVE TO TRAILER THE BOAT ABOUT 140 MILES ROUND TRIP. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. KEEP IN MIND, THAT THIS IS NOT A NEW BOAT, AND TIME ALONE DOES TAKE A TOLL. IT IS HOWEVER, IN GREAT CONDITION, AND YOU CANT GO FASTER OR LOOK BETTER ON A BOAT THIS SIZE AND AGE FOR LESS MONEY. THE BOAT WAS JUST FULLY DETAILED INCLUDING WAXED. SHE NEEDS NOTHING BUT GAS. I WILL BE GLAD TO SHOW THE BOAT TO ANY SERIOUS BUYERS WITH ADVANCE NOTICE. I MAY BE OPEN TO PARTIAL TRADES, BUT PROBABLY NOT FOR A BOAT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE IN MIND, BUT DON'T BE OFFENDED IF I SAY I'M NOT INTERESTED. THE BOAT IS BEING STORED IN JACKSON, TN IN A WAREHOUSE, AND CAN BE STORED THERE UNTIL SPRING AS LONG AS THERE IS A SIZABLE NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT PUT DOWN. FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE BOAT LEAVES. TENNESSEE DOES NOT ISSUE BOAT TITLES. THE BOAT WILL BE SOLD ON A BILL OF SALE ALONG WITH THE LAST REGISTRATION CARD. YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM REGISTERING IT IN YOUR STATE. IT WAS PREVIOUSLY COAST GUARD REGISTERED. I PLAN TO POST A COUPLE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE FROM THE LAST TIME IT WAS ON THE WATER SO YOU CAN SEE HOW IT RUNS. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. 731-217-4797 BILL THANKS

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine