Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Actually, Mike, you’re a one time winner and probably a multiple time nominee. I should have won it back to back 2004 and 2005. However, when “someone” I wont mention any names lol (Kevin) wakeboarded into shore, that beat out me breaking the fin off my HO Phantom.

We have 2 repeat Winners – Bill (2) and Chuck (3). And we all know there are at least two other times Chuck should have won it and there was a conspiracy to cover it up – both involving his trailer.

This year we had a lot of nominees. One guy dinged a prop, one was injured most of the season for a jump injury, another injured himself repeatedly all season, another with a sprained ankle.

But top honors this year could not have been topped, I almost think it’s the best BSA award in my 10 years at MSC. Glenn, one of our founding fathers won it with another member for capsizing and sinking the portable ski jump at a public lake after a ski show.

I put a video slideshow that I played at the xmas party Saturday night, but I prefaced playing it with “If you made the video, please don’t be offended, this was all in fun...” LMAO

Notice that Tex is in it (see jumping off the bridge pics), my broken ski fin is in it, and the show ends with the ski jump recovery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBcEPBk4I34&feature=plcp

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
I'm going to refrain from comment Taylor, you'll be the only one saying stupid things on here.

Have a great day.
Damn, did y'all have any words BEFORE you fell out?!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM
MC Maniac

LOL - it's all good.

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
MC Maniac

Broken Ski Award 2013-2014

It’s about that time of the year to decide who wins the Broken Ski Award for 2013-2014!

We have 3 candidates so far:

1. Go-Pro camera was dropped in the lake. That is the only detail I have on it.

2. We have a very injury prone skier, and one of the clubs founding fathers (and a life member) who’s goal was to be the top Mens 5 3-event skier in the AWSA South Central Region. On his 1st pass of his 1st tournament and not even full speed, he tore his posterior tibial tendon going around 5 ball and could not continue the rest of his events. Yes, he was naive enough to send me a pic of the injury... He also injured himself numerous times after that...

3. This one seems to be the sure-fire winner... We have an amazing long time old member 3-event skier who placed in the top 5 in all three events for Men’s 4; and #1 in the South Central region for tricks. He was out on the lake a few weeks ago and while doing a toe hold, caught an edge and broke the ski. he is unaware, but I do have a pic of him holding his broken ski, and the expression on his face was well, let’s say less than happy about breaking a brand new trick ski.

I will post the pics after December 14, 2013.

The obvious vote goes to #3, but it sure would be nice to give it to #2, and cement his place in the clubs history other than founding father, but also BSA recipient.

Who should get the award?

Old 11-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
#2 - #3 already has self awarded broken ski...
Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
GoPro went in the lake learning ATB's. It was strapped by elastic to his helmet. I know because I was driving and thought....wow....that doesn't look too secure!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 11-09-2013, 09:56 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
I actually almost one it at our last show. I was towing the portable jump back to the ramp in the rainstorm and it was loaded down with equipment. It was a bit of a ride so I grabbed a beer out of one of the many ice chests in my boat. George was sitting on the jump and I offered him up one. I threw a beer to him(about 20 yards) and he rushed to the front corner to catch it and due to the load almost flipped the jump! We were laughing that if it would have flipped we would have had to keep the beer out of the story until we picked up the award!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 11-09-2013, 07:28 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Lmao. Never saw this thread before. Tex gets my vote. Every time.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:15 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I actually almost one it at our last show. I was towing the portable jump back to the ramp in the rainstorm and it was loaded down with equipment. It was a bit of a ride so I grabbed a beer out of one of the many ice chests in my boat. George was sitting on the jump and I offered him up one. I threw a beer to him(about 20 yards) and he rushed to the front corner to catch it and due to the load almost flipped the jump! We were laughing that if it would have flipped we would have had to keep the beer out of the story until we picked up the award!
That would've been a sure winner.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 PM
MC Maniac

OMG - we almost had back to back seasons of sunken portable jump!

thanks for the go-pro info!