Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X30
Working on it.

Hi Gunnar,

Let me do some digging on this with MasterCraft and I will get back to you. When you were here I told you to reach out with any questions and I will be more than happy to get the answers. We value your business and I am here to help in anyway. I have been working with MasterCraft for 28 years and they are an excellent company that regards each customer very highly. I will be back in touch.

Thank you,

Lisa Chase

Island Marine Center

lisa@imboats.com

609-624-1117 ext.116

856-278-0840 cell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:42 AM
To: Mike Hendrix
Cc: lisa@imboats.com; Daniel Tang
Subject: X-30 questions/concerns

Mike and Lisa,

Sorry to bug you Lisa but I was hoping that you have some insight and solutions for a couple action items here.

1) Trailer concern. Through our homework and discussions online, we have noticed that the trailer is not a 2013 model as advertised by Mastercraft. The VIN plate clearly shows 2013 but hardware is different.

Here is what we received:

http://vimeo.com/32852106

Here is what we should have received:

http://vimeo.com/50166846

Key points: No lighted mastercraft logo, no attached tie downs, and different tail lights/backup lights.

We are also missing the GPS/Navigation feature which was supposed to come with the salt water package. The video below reflects this at the 5:00 mark. http://vimeo.com/48596859

I'm also wondering about the audio feature for the LCD screen operation. The screen reads something about JL audio media master. Any insight on this? I can't seem to get any audio options on this section of the screen.

I think that is everything for right now. I'm sure that more questions will arrive and I will try my best to condense the emails.

Thanks again!

-Gunnar Lindberg
Old 04-12-2013, 10:57 AM
TT Regular

Through extensive conversations regarding the 2012 vs 2013 trailer, I have come to the conclusion that we lost out by adding fiberglass fenders to our 2013 trialer. Going forward (if you don't already know), you will lose the slim-line backup and break lights and backlit logo if you add fiberglass fenders. The standard wheel design is up for debate but I believe that the 2013 standard should be black aluminum vs the 2012 silver aluminum.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

That sounds like a cop out to me - the video doesn't say that if you add fiberglass fenders you get a 2012 model.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pap View Post
That sounds like a cop out to me - the video doesn't say that if you add fiberglass fenders you get a 2012 model.
I completely agree but I am beat down. The only other option is to take a legal route and ask for another trailer without fiberglass fenders. My mom is an attorney licensed in several states and she is chomping at the bit to pull out her pen. I'm not willing to go that far right now. My only advice to MC is to better explain the product but I also understand that it is impossible to get every department and every dealer on the same page with product changes.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
fiberglass fenders are what you ordered and thats what was delivered. Its not entirely the dealers fault and they were not being deceptive in any form, yes they could have informed you of your options but the buyer needs to be educated on the product they're interested in before walking through the door. Not trying to bust your chops and if it wasn't for some members on this site no one would been the wiser. Go enjoy your new boat, thats what counts anyways, its not the trailer that will make your boating days any better :^)
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
fiberglass fenders are what you ordered and thats what was delivered. Its not entirely the dealers fault and they were not being deceptive in any form, yes they could have informed you of your options but the buyer needs to be educated on the product they're interested in before walking through the door. Not trying to bust your chops and if it wasn't for some members on this site no one would been the wiser. Go enjoy your new boat, thats what counts anyways, its not the trailer that will make your boating days any better :^)
I never said it was the dealers fault and I give them credit for being the brunt of this topic. The vimeo videos were 4-6 days old when we ordered this boat and literature was vague. I felt fairly informed when I walked into the dealership, as much as I could be within reason. Yes, I wouldn't have noticed without the comments on teamtalk however isnt that why we are here? To learn for eachother? Maybe this wouldn't have happened to you since you are not a newbie, but if it did, I would assume that some type of conversation would take place.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
....Go enjoy your new boat, thats what counts anyways, its not the trailer that will make your boating days any better :^)
^ This!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Dealer
If I were not going to spring for the 18" wheel package, I would rather have the fiberglass fenders than the skinny steel fenders. my .02