Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 Mastercraft
Need help with 1985 Mastercraft Interior Panel

I managed to get original OEM replacement skins for my boat interior. The place I took it to to have it installed did a terrible job and went out of business (owner skipped town) before the problems were resolved. The broke and threw away the framing for the interior passenger side seat panel that beings to wrap around to the front. They tried to make one, but it doesn't fit in the interior. I am looking either for an original frame or a pattern of one to mimic. They also messed up hinge setup on the front part of the passenger seat. Once again, I would love to find patterns for the originals to have it corrected. The original parts can be seen in the attached photo. Any ideas??
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
TT Regular

Nice boat!...I'm sorry I cant help you with your problem, but could you tell me where you tracked down skins that old?...Thank You.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 Stars and Stripes
I too have an 85 SS and would LOVE to find some new skins. My boat is in need of new interior.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 Mastercraft
I lucked out. A few years ago, my stepfather had some contacts at a former Mastercraft dealership in our area and they were able to track down the original skins from a Mastercraft dealer somewhere in Florida. Being as that the beige/black combo wasn't the most popular, they had one left over. If you have any of the more popular color combinations, I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything at this point. The only bad part is that the bad installation job isn't making it look near as nice as I'd like. It still needs to be fixed.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Can't help you either as I have an '88 Tristar, but I really like the ivory and black combo, Not seen that before.