Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM
BrooksfamX2's Avatar
BrooksfamX2 BrooksfamX2 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Location: Mid Left Coast
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Like this...looks clean...
I like that a lot.........

Keepem' comin'
__________________
MISS "B" HAVEN
2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX
OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
BrooksfamX2's Avatar
BrooksfamX2 BrooksfamX2 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Location: Mid Left Coast
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Like this...lol....
Dont like it with both, but what about the center one with the X behind it (like the X-25 picture) in the rear only..... hint-hint.....

Last edited by BrooksfamX2; 11-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Sullivan's Avatar
Sullivan Sullivan is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Boat: 2011 WTT ProStar 197
Location: Woodland WA
Posts: 609
I think Chris at Portland Ski Boat Center can do those for ya. He has a Vinyl printer/cutter. Not sure how big it can go though.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 AM
XtwentyNot's Avatar
XtwentyNot XtwentyNot is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: None
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
I think Chris at Portland Ski Boat Center can do those for ya. He has a Vinyl printer/cutter. Not sure how big it can go though.
Too big I think. I can get them for locals from my guy.

Last edited by XtwentyNot; 11-15-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
BrooksfamX2's Avatar
BrooksfamX2 BrooksfamX2 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Location: Mid Left Coast
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
I think Chris at Portland Ski Boat Center can do those for ya. He has a Vinyl printer/cutter. Not sure how big it can go though.
Thanks, I know Chris. Getting them made isnt the real issue, its "what" to get made that is the problem......

Theres a great local graphic shop here I would use.
__________________
MISS "B" HAVEN
2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX
OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,400
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
Thanks, I know Chris. Getting them made isnt the real issue, its "what" to get made that is the problem......

Theres a great local graphic shop here I would use.
They better have a Mutoh printer... or I know the decals will fail...

I work for Mutoh....Lol....www.mutoh.com and of course we make the best vinyl printers and cutters....
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM
bjames's Avatar
bjames bjames is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,106
Another idea would be to put a large sheild slightly tilted, placed directly over the black/red transition in a contrasting color to red and black. This will break up the vertical transition. Also think about increasing the size of the sheild so that it goes over the rub rail. I dont have my photoshop on this computer as I am out in the boonies on site. This is what I did to my Xstar wrap that is currently being produced. The muted grey sheild is right over the vertical black to white transition - like what you have.

Name:  Xstar Comp1-4.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  36.5 KB
__________________
Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 AM
bjames's Avatar
bjames bjames is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
They better have a Mutoh printer... or I know the decals will fail...

I work for Mutoh....Lol....www.mutoh.com and of course we make the best vinyl printers and cutters....
Perfect time to sneak in a pitch
__________________
Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,400
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Another idea would be to put a large sheild slightly tilted, placed directly over the black/red transition in a contrasting color to red and black. This will break up the vertical transition. Also think about increasing the size of the sheild so that it goes over the rub rail. I dont have my photoshop on this computer as I am out in the boonies on site. This is what I did to my Xstar wrap that is currently being produced. The muted grey sheild is right over the vertical black to white transition - like what you have.

Attachment 86649
Very nice design... clean and aggressive... to bad your not on Lake of Woods...would love to see the boat up close in warm months.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
DooSPX's Avatar
DooSPX DooSPX is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2005
Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Location: Central, FL
Posts: 3,148
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
PM sent!
__________________
1991 PROSTAR 190 Flagship Blue POWERSLOT OJ XMP CNC 13.7x17.5 .110 4B
A.K.A. One of a kind mistake
2011 Best In Show- 1987-2000 class

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.