Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Would agree on the price people are asking for these boats has definitely gone up and most are not moving much on offers. I guess that's a good thing if you already have a boat.

Here's a couple by me that are pretty much done and I've seen quite a few others in that price range in very condition going for about the same. 3.3 is a ton of money for a boat with questionable stringers and needs an interior. Keep looking unless you're just looking for a hobby you can dump time/cash into.....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/3359897561.html

Near perfect one for 7...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/3355660872.html
Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWGA Boater View Post
... rot at the motor mounts, ...Owner stated that floor has been replaced and stringers were good (?). Not sure when the floor was replaced why the motor mount work was not done.... ... I'm looking at putting 2-4,000 into the boat.

...or should I keep looking?
IMO smells fishy, keep looking.

If the motor mounts are rotted then where they are attached to the stringers will almost certainly be damaged as well. It is very hard to tell the extent of the damage until you start ripping it out and see how far you have to go. Although it is possible to splice in a new section of stringer if only a portion is damaged. The fact that they did not do this when replacing the floor makes it all the more suspect. When he removed the floor he would have only seen the top of the stringers, rot would have started from the bottom. Why take the chance if it just does not seem right.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Tha one listed above for $7k looks MINT!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a MasterCraft
Going to look at an 80 S&S this afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed about floor/stringers.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

8 hour round trip was a bust. Boat was extremely rough and looked as if it had some type of botttom repair done at some time. I could tell something had been done around rudder. Would have needed some extensive gel coat work. Full gut on interior. Inside had been hacked for speakers/radio. Trailer and fenders were in same condition--bad repair, cracked, extremely rusted. Guy had mislead me the night before saying the trailer was road worthy. Lights didn't even work on the trailer. Have to keep looking.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1973 MC Skier and 1970 MC Skier
See if this one is still around....fairly limited production due to it being first generation. Sweet old ski tug. I like the price...movie link on you tube as well. Wetsanding and new decals and she might be stellar. From my experience the stringers held up much better in the first generation boats vs the second generation 1977-83. Less wood under the floor for the water to attack...no foam to hold water....and the fiberglass on the ones I have restored is thick as heck. This is a reasonable drive for me if you want me to check it out for you. http://shoals.craigslist.org/boa/3356436837.html
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

The TN boat looks really clean. I wish it had a rear platform. Any idea if a later gen platform would fit? I looked at a 78 on Saturday that I almost brought home. Needed floor and stringers and full interior. Needed wet sanding / buff. Had quite a few gel coat chips and spider cracks that would need attention. Boat was the tan and chocolate Coloro scheme. It it would have been red blue.or black I would have brought it home. Transom eye rings seemed really loose. May have had some rot there also. Still looking. I emailed the guy with the boat with the lifter tick. Told him it was a long way to go and how much negotion is there in price but he didn'tget back with me.

Last edited by SWGA Boater; 11-12-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWGA Boater View Post
The TN boat looks really clean. I wish it had a rear platform. Any idea if a later gen platform would fit? I looked at a 78 on Saturday that I almost brought home. Needed floor and stringers and full interior. Needed wet sanding / buff. Had quite a few gel coat chips and spider cracks that would need attention. Boat was the tan and chocolate Coloro scheme. It it would have been red blue.or black I would have brought it home. Transom eye rings seemed really loose. May have had some rot there also. Still looking. I emailed the guy with the boat with the lifter tick. Told him it was a long way to go and how much negotion is there in price but he didn'tget back with me.
I have a 75 S n S that is every bit as clean (if not more) w/ a platform installed. It isn't cheap to fabricate and install one on these boats. I'm guessing I have $800 + in my platform. I bought a 94 PS 190ast April and didn't use my classic at all last year, so it might be time to sell her. I live in Western CO, PM me if your interested and we can start w/ photos etc.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, 1976, Stars and Stripes, Ford 350 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by phickman View Post
See if this one is still around....fairly limited production due to it being first generation. Sweet old ski tug. I like the price...movie link on you tube as well. Wetsanding and new decals and she might be stellar. From my experience the stringers held up much better in the first generation boats vs the second generation 1977-83. Less wood under the floor for the water to attack...no foam to hold water....and the fiberglass on the ones I have restored is thick as heck. This is a reasonable drive for me if you want me to check it out for you. http://shoals.craigslist.org/boa/3356436837.html
Are those seats installed right. Looks to be blocking glove box?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1973 MC Skier and 1970 MC Skier
yes....that is proper with that seat configuration. My 73 has a factory early wrap around seat. The basic interior like this is proper.