Wrap both boxes 4 21.05%
Sell boxes and buy a bigger box 7 36.84%
Deal with the way they are and do nothing. 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2014, 03:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Toolbox wrap poll

I have a few boxes and want to make them look good together. I will post pics of the boxes so you guys can see what I'm trying to accomplish. The depth off the wall to the front edge of the drawers is 2" roughly, it's actually closer to 1.5".

I would love to have a snap-on classic 96 but I'm not dropping $5,000 on a used box or $10,000 on a new box.

So do I leave the two different boxes alone and just deal with it.

Sell all the boxes and still come up with more cash to buy bigger.

Wrap both boxes so they match and look like a set or that they belong together.

I would also like to mention. I love having a workbench style box like the Matco box.

I would also like to mention. I'm no longer a tech for my living. These boxes are going to be in a home garage not a commercial shop use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-16-2014, 04:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
Pics of the current ones ??
Old 11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
MC Maniac

Here is my box from lowes. It's a Kobalt box that was used at home only and it is stuffed to the max full of tools.

The Matco box is empty.

So I can use both boxes to organize the tools and have a work bench.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-16-2014, 04:35 PM
MC Maniac

I would want to put the bottom boxes next to eachother. The front would be straight and the 1.5" depth difference would be seen behind the Kobalt box.

The dimensions of the Matco box are 44" wide 21" deep 42" tall. The Kobalt box bottom and top are; (bottom box) 41" wide 19" deep 41" tall; (top box) 41" wide 19" deep 23" tall;

Total Kobalt dim 41" wide 19" deep 64" tall.

Total legnth with Matco and Kobalt next to eachother is 85" long.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2014, 04:53 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
leave them alone and go have fun doing something else - wrapping those would be a PIA..
Old 11-16-2014, 04:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
leave them alone and go have fun doing something else - wrapping those would be a PIA..

This ^

Or just rattle can the cobalt to match.. I wouldn't want to wrap a tool box even though snap on does sell kits to do it to theirs..
Old 11-16-2014, 05:30 PM
MC Maniac

I wouldn't wrap the boxes. I would roll them on a trailer and take them to get wrapped. The design would be very cool for a garage man cave.

The Matco box was purchased today from a buddy who needed cash like yesterday. It was a $2500 box new that was so cheap that I had to buy it. It's not what I want really bc I want one long bench box preferably a 3 bay box but I had to buy the Matco box. I can sell it on CL for tripple of what I paid for it.

I'm not rattle canning a $1500 tool box. I can sell both boxes and prolly buy what I want for $1000 more than the sold boxes. The thing is that it will take forever and all my tools will be in cardboard boxes or tool bags. I really want a bench style box though.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
I know how fanatical you are about your stuff and you have plans for extra money, so I voted to wrap them!! Now, what wrap??

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-16-2014, 07:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Well if your talkin having someone else wrap them that's a different story..

Are the bottom boxes the same height? If they were the same height you could make a bench out of both of them together.

I was kidding about the rattle can, I shoulda inserted a smiley for that comment.

If you could get them close enough together you could have a picture on both of them to tie them together. Like half the picture on one, half on the other.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:01 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Well if your talkin having someone else wrap them that's a different story..

Are the bottom boxes the same height? If they were the same height you could make a bench out of both of them together.

I was kidding about the rattle can, I shoulda inserted a smiley for that comment.

If you could get them close enough together you could have a picture on both of them to tie them together. Like half the picture on one, half on the other.
I've thought about that too. They seem to be the same height on a measuring tape. The Kobalt box is 2" not as deep. I like the idea making one long bench box. The thing is I would want the upper box on it so connecting the two is not going to be possible. I'm also considering getting a side box for the Matco or two side boxes from Matco to lengthen the current box. Too many dang options.

Quote:
Quote: