Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
[quote=Big tic;887830]On a side note. Has anybody ever seen or have a camper top on their boats. Our climate is rainy and cold and a camper top is nice to get out of the elements. I think a 280 with a camper top would make a great family boat. /QUOTE]

Do you really want to be this guy? Okay, it would be a Mastercraft, but still.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft x45
wow that camper top is something else. I was thinking something more sleek (oxymoron I know). Not as high and slant back. I tried attaching a photo but couldn't figure it out.

That X80 is something else. Thanks for the advice on the vinegar. I used a product called Buff magic on our last boat. IT really worked well.

Thanks again for the advice and the good nature mocking of my camper top idea.

Eric
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-80
I have an 80 and the single screw will be just fine. But note that the one you posted is a Maristar so it likely will not have the ballast tanks, pumps, etc. The bathroom really ends up being a big storage room for everyone's bags and stuff. Just easy to get to etc. But if you wanted to use the port o potty, just hope it's not rough water. I love mine, it's awesome. We aren't pro boarders but we've had some sponsored guys behind it and everyone was happy. Also has endless room and handles the chop.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
[quote=ricford;887942]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big tic View Post
On a side note. Has anybody ever seen or have a camper top on their boats. Our climate is rainy and cold and a camper top is nice to get out of the elements. I think a 280 with a camper top would make a great family boat. /QUOTE]

Do you really want to be this guy? Okay, it would be a Mastercraft, but still.
I can see where he's comin' from... been caught in Ontario in fishing boats when the storms and rain whipped up suddenly...but I agree.... get to shore and get off the water when it rains...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 PM
TT Regular

Vandit your 80 is beautiful.

The trailer the dealer is trying to sell me is a duel axel trailer. On the forum I see everybody has triples. I can't remember the brand name but he says it is a custom trailer for the 280. I expressed my concern about this but he assured me it was fine. What do you think??

I am still set on a camper top. Don't get too worked up it will be pretty cool once done.

Guys once again thanks for the input.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 190, x45
You will be fine if your not hauling alot of miles. The dual axel trailer was an option for the 80 last year. I just like the looks of the triple.
This is a custom trailer for the 80, you will see two platforms under the bow for the stand-up jet skies to go while traveling.
Attached Images

Last edited by KelownaX45; 11-02-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 X2
Let's see those stand ups.. I'm a standup rider too!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
TT Regular

Kelowna45 how does the 1/2 ton haul the 80.

I traded my 2010 Silverado 6.2L for a Nissan titan. I loved the Silverado but had major engine issues. Not the trucks fault just the wrong engine for a truck. Had 3 new body style Chevs before that with the 5.3L and had zero issues. I added air bags and it totally changed the way it hauled. No more white knuckles. Best $500 I every spent. Also put on 10 ply tires.

I used our titan a couple times to haul a dump trailer and it also needs air bags. I must say air bags are the best investment you can make. I don't know why they don't come standard.

Cant wait getting ready to make a move next week.

Thanks Again
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 190, x45
Its a half ton with the heavy trailer package. I have airbags, but I drop the air to lower the front / raise the back of the trailer to get in and out of my driveway.
The biggest issue is stopping, pushes the truck around a little.
Im glad i dont have to go far at all. If I go any distance, I get the older 1-ton out with the flat deck, she aint pretty, but gets it done.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
TT Regular

Nice , I had the same issue. Our last boat trailer came with hydraulic brakes and I switched to electric brakes. With a little fine tuning I was more then happy. The trailer never went in salt water and the brakes worked perfect 3 years later.

I also had the tires on the trailer balanced and it made a difference. before balancing I would get a vibration at around 90km/h after balancing it was smooth up to 130km/h. This was on a brand new Venture trailer.

I found that trailing the boat with either a full tank or empty tank of gas made a difference in the sway.

Just my 2 cents.