Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post
Just went skiing at Don Pedro this past weekend. Weather was a little chilly, but the water was as smooth as glass, there was no boats, and you can run in a straight line for more than 20 minutes.

Would have went to Tulloch Lake, but the water level was too low for the launch ramp.
Having enjoyed another summer of great weather, it gets increasingly difficult to convince the kids to go out once the weather starts to chill.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89BigBlock View Post
Ok, this news is encouraging! Looks like I need to take a look at the East Bay for residence. Any slalom skiers need a driver for more water time? Not sure if I'll be transporting my boat out in the Spring. 1700 miles is a long way to tow a boat not to mention expensive!
Be careful about your choice. If you were to move to say somewhere out the Hwy 4 area (Antioch and such), you would be in for a very long commute to Fremont. Hwy 4 = PITA. Sunol grade = PITA, result 2x PITA.

I thank God that I work from home. Every time I have to commute somewhere around here during rush hour I end up thinking that I just don't understand how people around here do that every day.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft X-star 330 hp 5.7L LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Be careful about your choice. If you were to move to say somewhere out the Hwy 4 area (Antioch and such), you would be in for a very long commute to Fremont. Hwy 4 = PITA. Sunol grade = PITA, result 2x PITA.

I thank God that I work from home. Every time I have to commute somewhere around here during rush hour I end up thinking that I just don't understand how people around here do that every day.
Indeed. Luckily for us, we managed to score a really cheap house right on Tulloch Lake.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 89 prostar 190 454
Quote:
Indeed. Luckily for us, we managed to score a really cheap house right on Tulloch Lake.
Any room on the dock for a renter
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 Prostar 197 WTT
I'm located in the East Bay and keep my boat stored at Orwood. I love to ski the Delta during the midweek as it is very quiet and you can always find smooth water. You may have to travel out towards Stockton but smooth water is always somewhere.
My personal favorite for lakes is Bullards Bar. I camp at least a few times each year and the lake is great for all types of sports from slalom to tubing. Bring your bicycle as there is also great Mt. biking there as well.
If you ever need some time on the water, give me a buzz. My boat is put away for the next few months but I'm looking forward to warmer weather.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 AM
MC Devotee

My last day out on the Delta was the 3rd weekend of Nov this year. Still no wet suit at the time. Pretty much nothing but glass until a floatilla of large yachts went by throwing massive wakes. I made it into about the 3rd super wave. I might as well have been trying to ride a bull. My son drove straight into those waves. I was never so happy about the good amount of freeboard on the X-15.

Mid week on the Delta and weekends in early/late season are just soooooo sweet.

I launch out of Orwood or sometimes Riverside. I tend to like the narrow sections between the two. I need low tide to make the left out of Orwood and go under the bridges there. High tide is when I'll go up to Riverside. I prefer to not have to drop the tower while on the water.

Went snowboarding last weekend. Not much of a between season this year. Going again this weekend. However, can't wait to get back to wakeboarding.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Where on Tulloch?