Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '94 PS190
first prostar - '94 190

after searching around this winter, we finally got a boat.. a '94 prostar 190.

i was happy to get something with efi, tbi being close enough :P

got it home early last week, and knocked a few tune up things off the list, did a lot of cleaning, as well as finishing up routing new blower and heater hoses. while i had it apart i noticed the fuel line clamps near the exhaust were disintegrated, so i redid those.
also, it had (what i gather is fairly common) the lower two dash screw inserts pulling out. i think ive managed to fix that with some rubber washers, and wellnuts for now. it feels pretty sturdy

ive got a '94 sticker set on order, and i think that oughta do it for the pre-season list. now we just need it to stop raining

it has soft floor panels near the engine box, so thats definitely on the list after this season and maybe new carpet... or a really really deep cleaning, theres some muck and nastiness behind the gas tank i think from a little water getting in during storage.

otherwise it seems like a well taken care of boat, and the previous owner also did some really nice work on the stereo system and moved to a switchable dual battery system under the observer seat, all things i would have wanted to do.

ive restored a few british and german cars, and i do a lot of standalone engine management install/tuning, but power boats are new to me - and this is my first small block! so im looking forward to learning my way around that as well.

ill keep the thread updated as we enjoy the boat this forum has been a huge resource as we did our research and in the process of finding a boat to buy.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Looks like you have done well for yourself! HARD to beat early '90's - 190's!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Congrats on a sweet boat!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 04-24-2017, 03:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft prostar 1989 351
Congratulations on a great boat!
Old 04-24-2017, 03:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, 5.7L Indmar
I just replaced the engine, engine mounts, transmission, strut bushing, steering cable, etc on the 1996 Prostar 190 that was given to my son's. Got pretty familiar with the throttle body injection and sensors. If you need help, don't be afraid ask.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: A
What's going on with that silent muffler? Please keep an eye on it when out this summer. Set your bilge pump to auto.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:05 PM
TT Regular

thanks guys!

yeah, that muffler looked nasty - luckily it just seems to be some scale from the bottom of the floor boards that got on the outside of the muffler.
someone along the way put some backing plates under the engine box hinges (because they're getting loose as the floor softens) which started to get some surface nastiness on the muffler.
will definitely be keeping an eye on it though
Old 04-24-2017, 04:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
thanks guys!

yeah, that muffler looked nasty - luckily it just seems to be some scale from the bottom of the floor boards that got on the outside of the muffler.
someone along the way put some backing plates under the engine box hinges (because they're getting loose as the floor softens) which started to get some surface nastiness on the muffler.
will definitely be keeping an eye on it though
Ok good deal. Next time have Mrs. ValveCoverGasket take the pictures so we can see her in your ski mirror.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:34 PM

Boat: 40th Anniversary X14
Congrats! That is a beauty

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1997 Prostar 190, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:38 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs96ps View Post
Ok good deal. Next time have Mrs. ValveCoverGasket take the pictures so we can see her in your ski mirror.
haha ill let her know