Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri4X2 View Post
we have some friends that are locals and have given us some spots, that was one of them. I bought a new Board this year and could hang with the guys in the trees.... tons of fun stuff. We only hang at The Boat now, seems to be every Christmas. This year was better than two years ago!!
Agreed... I think two years ago they had a better base, and still soft snow, but nothing beats riding in 2ft+ of powder. There were places that I still skimmed over hidden rocks this year, so they definitely could benefit by a better base, but I'll take it.

The first year we went out there, I remember driving over rabbit ears pass with my parents in their suburban and along the pass there was so much snow that there was literally a carved out pathway following the road. Those double high reflector poles were completely buried. The plow trucks had a giant snowblower attachemnt on the front of them so they could keep clearing the roads. That was some amazing snow just by the sheer amounts they had that year, but this year beat them in quality of powder. It was just too fun... and so light that it didn't even wear on you too terribly all things considered.

I'm usually out there every year around Christmas/New Years as well... we'll have to take a run or two if we're there at the same time one of these years.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Steamboat or Telluride are way better than Aspen/Vail areas right now. The snow has been the pits in the 1-70 located resorts. Go north or South in Colorado right now if you want good conditions.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-2
The first year we went out there, I remember driving over rabbit ears pass with my parents in their suburban and along the pass there was so much snow that there was literally a carved out pathway following the road. Those double high reflector poles were completely buried. The plow trucks had a giant snowblower attachemnt on the front of them so they could keep clearing the roads.

You mean like this pic?
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-45
Nah....like this. This pic was taken in July while the DOT was trying to open the highway.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
Nah....like this. This pic was taken in July while the DOT was trying to open the highway.
If it still looks like that, and it's July, don't you just write off that highway for the year?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri4X2 View Post

You mean like this pic?
Just like that!