Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 PM
GoneBoatN's Avatar
GoneBoatN GoneBoatN is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,501
New board

Just bought a new board. Liquid Force Watson Classic 2012. On sale for 40% off. I would have waited for the beginning of next season when they would be 50% off but last time I tried that they were all gone.

Can't wait to try it out this weekend!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:26 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 9,420
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Just bought a new board. Liquid Force Watson Classic 2012. On sale for 40% off. I would have waited for the beginning of next season when they would be 50% off but last time I tried that they were all gone.

Can't wait to try it out this weekend!
grrr... boat is winterized...post up some pic's...
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 AM
cwarndahl's Avatar
cwarndahl cwarndahl is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: MC, X-10 2001
Location: texas
Posts: 256
What did you end up paying for it I was thinking of getting one my self?
__________________
2001 MC X-10
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 AM
_fng_'s Avatar
_fng_ _fng_ is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Boat: Prostar 205
Location: Texas
Posts: 287
I like my Watson classic a lot, great pop but a bit slow (although probably more me then the board). You'll definitely like it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 AM
GoneBoatN's Avatar
GoneBoatN GoneBoatN is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
I like my Watson classic a lot, great pop but a bit slow (although probably more me then the board). You'll definitely like it!
I currently have a Liquid Force Witness and really liked it for the way it tracked and held in the water. When I land I felt like it had better grip. It is pretty fast so I had to be careful that when starting the turn I did not do so too fast otherwise I found myself zooming into the wake much too fast. The molded in fins on the side were pretty big so I found that I liked the center fins removed. The outside tips and tales are curved under a bit. That is what channels the water so well giving it the extra speed. However, I think this prevents me from leaning over hard as it tends to get a bit grabby. Think of cupping your hand and trying to move it through water opposed to a flat hand angled moving through water. So I think it is preventing me from being able to exaggerate my edging when practicing. Overall it has been a great board but time for me to have something else too.

The thing the Witness lacked was agressive pop. Hence the Watson. My son has the Byerly Assult. Although it has good pop, that thing is like to balance on ice skates and there is no option to put in center fins. The Watson has removal center fins so I figure I can leave them in for a little while until I get use to the board. I suspect I will take the center fins off but time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
GoneBoatN's Avatar
GoneBoatN GoneBoatN is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarndahl View Post
What did you end up paying for it I was thinking of getting one my self?
I got it at Wake Roots Ride Shop. It is associated with the dealership in my area. They have two shops, Sacramento and Pleasanton, CA. They have a web site; if you Google it comes up. Since they are nearby I go there often. This time of year they have 40% off 2012 equipment. In the spring, prior year's equipment is 50% off. I notice that their web site does not reflect that although I have seen some really good deals posted there from time to time. Perhaps if you see something and contact them you can work a deal. For me their prices beat most stuff I find on the internet when I get it 40-50% off.

Last year I was looking at a Watson 2011 as I really like the graphics on the bottom of the board. I decided to wait until the beginning of the season when they mark the prior year to 50% - unfortunately all the Watson Classics were gone by that point. I was not going to have that happen again this year.

I paid $228 which included tax which I thought was a pretty good price given what the board goes for normally. They have a performance guarantee. If I don't like it I can return it for a store credit as long as it is still in new condition which will not be an issue to test ride it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:25 AM
GoneBoatN's Avatar
GoneBoatN GoneBoatN is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
grrr... boat is winterized...post up some pic's...
Will do. I got some extra batteries for the GoPro. The single battery has been giving out on us before we fill up the 32GB memory card. I also got a 2.5mm to composite video cable so that I can connect it to the BIG and replay while on the boat.

A video of my 11 year old daughter is at https://vimeo.com/51478842 from this past weekend. I got her to do a little bit of a jump by offering cash. It was a bargin at $2 to have her give it a try. Funny, she is a lefty and she says she feels more comfortable jumping the wake on toe side. As little as it may be, it is a start. She has good stance and a nice cut going out away from the boat. She is at a point where she just needs to decide to go for it - all in good time.

The weather God is yanking my chain. The middle of the week had been upper 80's near 90. The forecast for Saturday is 78 but that is still plenty good for October.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-18-2012, 01:09 PM
76S&S's Avatar
76S&S 76S&S is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: 2002 X Star
Location: At the lake or on the way to the lake!
Posts: 1,699
Let us know how you like it compared to the Witness. I went from a Witness to the Murray and will never go back to the Witness. I've been on the Murray for a few years now and have the itch for something else.
__________________
Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
GoneBoatN's Avatar
GoneBoatN GoneBoatN is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76S&S View Post
Let us know how you like it compared to the Witness. I went from a Witness to the Murray and will never go back to the Witness. I've been on the Murray for a few years now and have the itch for something else.
I took the board out last week thinking my 2010 Witness also had Metric M6 screws. Wrong. So I had to wait another week to try the Watson. Just got back today from trying the Watson. I freaking love the board. I can now really lean over against the line where as with the Witness the tail (which had a curve) would hang up so that I could not lean over very far. The board definately has more pop. I'm not that good that I can get enough air in the first place so I'm still working on that. On landings with my Witness I had to be really careful not to sink the tip. It is like this one just does not want to sink. I can land with weight more centered over the board without fear of doing a face plant. Also landings are super smooth. The board has a bit of a V shape which the marketing material said makes for smoother landings. I thoought it was marketing BS. Turns out it is really true.

I'm hoping the weather holds for a few more weekends. I'm going to really have a hard time putting this board away for the season.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Traxx822's Avatar
Traxx822 Traxx822 is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Location: Chicago SW sub
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I took the board out last week thinking my 2010 Witness also had Metric M6 screws. Wrong. So I had to wait another week to try the Watson. Just got back today from trying the Watson. I freaking love the board. I can now really lean over against the line where as with the Witness the tail (which had a curve) would hang up so that I could not lean over very far. The board definately has more pop. I'm not that good that I can get enough air in the first place so I'm still working on that. On landings with my Witness I had to be really careful not to sink the tip. It is like this one just does not want to sink. I can land with weight more centered over the board without fear of doing a face plant. Also landings are super smooth. The board has a bit of a V shape which the marketing material said makes for smoother landings. I thoought it was marketing BS. Turns out it is really true.

I'm hoping the weather holds for a few more weekends. I'm going to really have a hard time putting this board away for the season.
Hey could you drop a photo of your Walker. I am going to upgrade next year. Been riding a 2011 Gator Legend 135 for 2 seasons now and want to switch it up. Looking at Humanoid freshly chopped with their new bindings that just came out for next year OR a Wakeology board. I have heard good things about the walker so I want to try it out too.
__________________
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.