Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
I volunteer to go and test drive / ski
My boat is ready to test, but is not for sale.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
My boat is ready to test, but is not for sale.
Next season, you me and Kyle need to GTG and ski...

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: looking to buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntidsl View Post
That is a good looking boat. I tend to like the TTs with the larger graphics but that is a close second. Strange to not have PP though I think.
Agreed great looking boat but hard to believe no PP
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Next season, you me and Kyle need to GTG and ski...
What about me?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Skipper

Skiing on a private lake just to swerve through the course I would go with a 94 Prostar with EFI. Despite the speculation, I installed PP and later upgraded to Stargazer on my 95 Prostar and I get times that are perfect or within .02 through the course at 34mph. No issues with installing PP on the older boats.

My 95 rides deeper in the water but has less spray than the 94. I replaced the rudder with the winged rudder from the crappy years. That gives my 95 a very smooth wake. But again, pulling through the course on a private lake I would go with the 94 with EFI. Throw in the power slot transmission and you will be totally squared away.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I am with Bouyhead - not much difference at higher speeds....feeling the bump means your out of form and/or getting tired. So lot's of good choices out there for you.

I have a 1995 PS205 which I would not even trade for EastTX's boat .. Boat would never turn down a tow from his boat...
Old 10-16-2012, 08:23 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinter05 View Post
Do the '94's come with Perfect Pass or any other type of cruise control?
It does if you had it added!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
The best boat for you depends on what your goals are in the course (and budget of course!). If you have joined the club just to enjoy having a place to ski and are not interested in running tournaments, any of the above suggestions with PP would be a great boat.

If, however, you are serious about getting in tournaments maybe you should be looking at a zero-off boat (2007 and up I believe). Alternatively, you can install ZBox on a Stargazer PP system as well to get a similar pull to ZO.

No matter what MC you choose, at your (read: my) speed you will be dealing with a bump at longer lines. Personally I find the bump forces me to practice good form and I think has allowed me to progress faster because if I am not thinking about my form, that bump will remind me in a hurry!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft Prostar 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Skier View Post
The best boat for you depends on what your goals are in the course (and budget of course!). If you have joined the club just to enjoy having a place to ski and are not interested in running tournaments, any of the above suggestions with PP would be a great boat.

If, however, you are serious about getting in tournaments maybe you should be looking at a zero-off boat (2007 and up I believe). Alternatively, you can install ZBox on a Stargazer PP system as well to get a similar pull to ZO.

No matter what MC you choose, at your (read: my) speed you will be dealing with a bump at longer lines. Personally I find the bump forces me to practice good form and I think has allowed me to progress faster because if I am not thinking about my form, that bump will remind me in a hurry!
I haven't narrowed my goals down to specifics. All I know is I want the best ALL AROUND slalom wake. I don't care about open bow vs. closed bow. I want a wake that beginners can enjoy and a wake that pros can appreciate. Tournaments are doubtful, but hey... you never know! I have a couple 1994's that I need to check out.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to add PP? Parts and labor? That could factor into my decision making process.

As for price.... I'm willing to spend up to $35k (ish). More ideally though... inside 30K
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Perfect Pass is about $1400... and fairly easy DIY job.