Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
aswinter05's Avatar
aswinter05 aswinter05 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 2004 MasterCraft Prostar 209
Location: Brookville Lake, IN
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
91 -94 were a home run and then the hull was changed for 95 - 97 and was still a great wake. 98 - 00 were considered not up to par by many
Do the '94's come with Perfect Pass or any other type of cruise control?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinter05 View Post
Do the '94's come with Perfect Pass or any other type of cruise control?
No they did not
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Bouyhead's Avatar
Bouyhead Bouyhead is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Boat: 1996 PS 190
Location: NYC
Posts: 902
I don't know how practical this is but it helps to ski behind a boat you are seriously considering buying. Most slalom tugs are designed for 34-36 MPH skiers skiing 28 off and shorter. The problem is alot of folks ski 15 off at slower speeds and that is where you'll see a big difference in the wake from the different hulls or different manufacturers. I spent MANY years chipping away at all those different speeds at 15 off! If your a natural born athlete, train year round on a private lake, and have top notch coaching you won't spend much time @ 30 MPH. If your like the general poulation you'll have a lot fun/frustration chipping away @ 30 When folks complain about a large wake at slow speeds or a bump @ 22 someone will chime in and say "keep your ski on edge,etc" Guess what? If you did everthing correctly you wouldn't be skiing 30 MPH! Anyone who can run 28 off or shorter @ 34 or 36 isn't going to notice the difference from boat to boat. Try to get a boat that will help your skiing, not hinder it. It does make a difference. Good Luck!

Man, it's going to be a long winter
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 25,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
No they did not
But it can be added.

The previous posts have hit most of the high points. As far as slalom wake goes, you really can't go wrong with the years mentioned. Since we're talking EFI, you'll be looking at 93 and later boats. Early 197s still had a foiled rudder. 2002 TT/2003 Standard 190/197 have the hooked hull. 2005 got throttle by wire on the MCX. 2006 got the updated rudder and TBW across the board. There was a weight loss in the bow in around 2008 or so. 2011 had the bullet strut. 2012 Got Ilmor. 2007 and forward can have Zero Off.

These various boats will all ski and drive differently. In the 197, the boats can feel different from year to year, i.e., I know people who love the 2010, but don't love the 2011. No idea why.

You need to drive and ski whatever you consider. It is the only way to be sure.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ


Tyler Ski Club


To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 10-15-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:50 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
You need to drive and ski whatever you consider. It is the only way to be sure.
I volunteer to go and test drive / ski
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
ntidsl's Avatar
ntidsl ntidsl is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Boat: 2005 197 TT
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 1,360
I say +05 as they are drive by wire...yes...electronics are just going to make it best for whtaver you coose, PP or otherwise but you will need a good speed control system if you are going to be skiing in a club. I, personally, never felt as comfortable sking behind an older boat that someone installed PP themselves. It just never was as consistent as a new boat with factory installed PP on a drive by wire boat.
__________________
2 at 32' off 34 mph PB July 2006
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:02 PM
ntidsl's Avatar
ntidsl ntidsl is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Boat: 2005 197 TT
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
I don't know how practical this is but it helps to ski behind a boat you are seriously considering buying. Most slalom tugs are designed for 34-36 MPH skiers skiing 28 off and shorter. The problem is alot of folks ski 15 off at slower speeds and that is where you'll see a big difference in the wake from the different hulls or different manufacturers. I spent MANY years chipping away at all those different speeds at 15 off! If your a natural born athlete, train year round on a private lake, and have top notch coaching you won't spend much time @ 30 MPH. If your like the general poulation you'll have a lot fun/frustration chipping away @ 30 When folks complain about a large wake at slow speeds or a bump @ 22 someone will chime in and say "keep your ski on edge,etc" Guess what? If you did everthing correctly you wouldn't be skiing 30 MPH! Anyone who can run 28 off or shorter @ 34 or 36 isn't going to notice the difference from boat to boat. Try to get a boat that will help your skiing, not hinder it. It does make a difference. Good Luck!

Man, it's going to be a long winter

Great post! Agree with all above!!!
__________________
2 at 32' off 34 mph PB July 2006
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM
ntidsl's Avatar
ntidsl ntidsl is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Boat: 2005 197 TT
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 1,360
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=51371

Here you go. Have dealer install PP. All set.
__________________
2 at 32' off 34 mph PB July 2006
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM
madcityskier's Avatar
madcityskier madcityskier is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Location: madison, wi
Posts: 1,682
And throw a couple stars on the side while they're at it. Beautiful boat. As has been said, ski it.
__________________
I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 PM
ntidsl's Avatar
ntidsl ntidsl is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Boat: 2005 197 TT
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 1,360
I just happen to see it come up as i was reading this post. That is a good looking boat. I tend to like the TTs with the larger graphics but that is a close second. Strange to not have PP though I think.
__________________
2 at 32' off 34 mph PB July 2006
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.