Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 14' aluminum jonboat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
I wonder how long it will take MC haters on Hateworld to blame the accident on the new X-Star design.
Someone on there asks how long it would take before there was a debate over the G23s superior trailering. Lol
Old 10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
Are you being serious? How can you conclude that speed was a factor from one tiny photo?
Yep, serious, totally. Just tried to imagine how such a thing can happen, there must be some serious torque involved. Well, of course, there might also be a third party involved, but unless you're parked aside the road, still then, he must have been fast.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStar08 View Post
Yep, serious, totally. Just tried to imagine how such a thing can happen, there must be some serious torque involved. Well, of course, there might also be a third party involved, but unless you're parked aside the road, still then, he must have been fast.
Unless you have a career in accident reconstruction, your opinion is worthless. I've seen accident pics that are similar to this where the truck speed was only 35mph.... I think it's only fair to let the facts speak for themselves when they come to light, rather than speculating like you're doing.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '02 X-Star. Previous: '98 SportStar, '89 ProStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Unless you have a career in accident reconstruction, your opinion is worthless. I've seen accident pics that are similar to this where the truck speed was only 35mph.... I think it's only fair to let the facts speak for themselves when they come to light, rather than speculating like you're doing.
Second.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
Third. I do have a career in crash reconstruction and can tell you that any conclusion would be merely speculation based on the one photo posted.

Anyone have any other facts/details, such as single or multi-vehicle crash?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190 Sammy Duvall
Send a message via AIM to David4MCSammyDuvall Send a message via Yahoo to David4MCSammyDuvall
If you look closer, you 'll notice that the trailer is hanging up in the air on the side of the truck. And the space between the truck/trailer and the boat are pretty long. It has to be the speed that cause to separate them. If a third party hits, it would crumble together. The way the body of the truck mangled all around, it looks like it has been rolling over. Speed causes it to roll over. The third party cant cause it to roll over like that.... Just my 2 cent.....